Author Topic: Black outs  (Read 1132 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Black outs
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »
even though noone mentioned it

Aces High models Black Outs in a way that, if you pull enough G's to black out and hold it there for any length of time ( talking milliseconds and seconds here )... the longer you stay pulling the High G's. the longer it takes to recover......

if you keep pulling into a complete black out constantly / continously, you will be prone to black out quicker and it will take longer, and longer to recover from the black out

If you train yourself to pull enough G's to ride the tunnel ( a small viewing circle about 3 inches in diameter ) .... you can continously pull to this tunnel of vision and not ever worry about blacking out.

If you are pulling into blackout, your plane will not be maneuvering as hard/fast/tight as you might think while you are blacked out, you will actually be maneuvering lesser than you would be if you was only pulling into tunnel vision

Learn to ride the tunnel  :aok

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 04:09:01 PM »
even though noone mentioned it

Aces High models Black Outs in a way that, if you pull enough G's to black out and hold it there for any length of time ( talking milliseconds and seconds here )... the longer you stay pulling the High G's. the longer it takes to recover......

if you keep pulling into a complete black out constantly / continously, you will be prone to black out quicker and it will take longer, and longer to recover from the black out

If you train yourself to pull enough G's to ride the tunnel ( a small viewing circle about 3 inches in diameter ) .... you can continously pull to this tunnel of vision and not ever worry about blacking out.

If you are pulling into blackout, your plane will not be maneuvering as hard/fast/tight as you might think while you are blacked out, you will actually be maneuvering lesser than you would be if you was only pulling into tunnel vision

Learn to ride the tunnel  :aok

hope this helps

TC

actually. once you do black out, your pilot lets his stick go, your plane is just kinda going where ever you last pointed it before black out... Im not certain but I think you still have throttle response and can drop flaps while out, but your stick is left neutral.  :aok
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
But the high G pushes you into the seat...  :bolt:

...as well as  the blood in your head.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »
But really........  bourbon, tequila, NO. 
i get better results from quality vodka but...mixing those two will work in a pinch
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »
...as well as  the blood in your head.

wrongway

That was a joke in case you missed it.   :D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 06:53:14 PM »
actually. once you do black out, your pilot lets his stick go, your plane is just kinda going where ever you last pointed it before black out... Im not certain but I think you still have throttle response and can drop flaps while out, but your stick is left neutral.  :aok

yes indeed..... if one pulls into the blackout and does not immediately back off, that will definitely happen..

it is very easy to notice / pick up on when a player your fighting does it also

btw.... if one is drinking Tequila...... that is all you need :cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »
When in a turn fight and I blackout from Gs or injury, I like to set auto climb just before it does to keep pulling up. Very useful and deceiving.

EDIT: When in a turn fight and I G-Lock or blackout, I like to set auto climb just before it does to keep pulling up. Very useful and deceiving.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:39:10 PM by Lepape2 »
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »
btw , it is easier if you use 2 different terms.
1. Black out I.E. can't see.
2. G-lock I.E. unconscious.

And yes if you G-Lock, and pull right back into black out, you will again imidiatly G-Lock.

HiTech