Author Topic: Airforce, Marines or Army?  (Read 12743 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Airforce, Marines or Army?
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2011, 06:00:51 PM »
-----------
SOI is school of infantry. It's JUST like MCT but more in depth for combat missions. MCT isn't a "get by" course. Only someone with an ASVAB too low to do anything other than 0311 would say that.
MCT you still learn to breach and clear buildings, suppress and move etc. - you just do it faster because you have more than 1 job to do. Anyone other than 0311's prove they can multi-task.
wonder who's bright idea it was to rename and split ait like that? not sure i would like the change but...that's progress i suppose...thanks for the info marine.  :salute
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2011, 06:03:14 PM »
no idea and no problem! :)
 :salute
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2011, 10:03:45 PM »
Speaking as someone that fought a long time ago, VietNam, 5th Group.  Stay in School, get a good education.  Stay as far away from these wars as you can.  I've come to believe that everyone that goes to war and experiences combat, comes home wounded.  if not from an actual wound, then from a mental one.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes