Author Topic: Worst A/C of ww2  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Worst A/C of ww2
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »

:noid :bolt:

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »
Kurt Tank ruled the world.  fail
AoM
City of ice

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »
I said the same thing :bolt:

Pathetic troll by by a pathetic squeaker noob, what else can we expect of Tyrannis?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »
Pathetic troll by by a pathetic squeaker noob, what else can we expect of Tyrannis?

ack-ack
i guess ackack cant take a joke. old men get cranky too easily.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2011, 06:54:07 PM »
The Helldiver was plagued with problems for sure but most, if not all, were ironed out with the production of the SB2C-3 and later Helldiver varients.

Sure.  But it was a useless plane when put into service.  By then the Navy fighters and/or the TBF could carry the same loads (or better) for the same distance and deliver with the same accuracy.

- oldman

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2011, 07:32:22 PM »

ack-ack
:lol

Yes it was pathetic, but I responded lol
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 07:35:27 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The company who built them was very poorly managed (original executives are charged with fraud) and the gov had to step in, the quality/reliability was garbage oh yeah...
and it didn't come with clown shoes and a rainbow paint job, like a cartoon one, it got its rear handed to it by Japanese pilots.

Yet Finnish pilots kicked Soviet butt, having the best victory ratio of any WW2 a/c. Just maybe the pilots made the difference. :devil

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2011, 02:53:38 AM »
Yet Finnish pilots kicked Soviet butt, having the best victory ratio of any WW2 a/c. Just maybe the pilots made the difference. :devil
It wasn't so much the Finnish as it was the Russians. Stalin killed off anyone with any skills, and then threw the masses of noobs in 1920's era planes at the fins. I remember reading German pilots during the initial invasion of Russia, being amazed at the fact that the many of the Russian planes were missing sites and the pilots had drew them on the windscreen.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2011, 04:33:20 AM »
me 262, ground attack version. pretty much was like neuturing a bull.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2011, 05:16:06 AM »
Surely that's an experimental fit, meant to target bombers, not used operationally?
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2011, 05:23:52 AM »
Surely that's an experimental fit, meant to target bombers, not used operationally?
not sure, its just a quick pic i grabbed off yahoo images after i typed in "me262 ground attack version.

edit: your right, it was an experiment. 50mm cannon attached to the nose to shoot bombers, but it jammed too easy to be effective so they abandoned it.

website:"One Schwalbe was fitted with a Rheinmetall 50 millimeter cannon to shoot down Allied bombers. The big gun tended to jam badly, and it also seems that it blinded the pilot with its bright muzzle flash. This experiment was abandoned."
http://www.vectorsite.net/avme262.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:27:25 AM by Tyrannis »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »
me 262, ground attack version. pretty much was like neuturing a bull.

No, that was not the ground attack version of the Me 262.  The picture is of a prototype Me 262 A-1a/U4 with the Bk5 50mm cannon and was intended to be used as a bomber destroyer and not ground attack.  The ground attack version of the Me 262 was the Me 262 A-2a "Sturmvogel" that had provisions for bombs and retained only 2 of the 30mm cannons.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »
It wasn't so much the Finnish as it was the Russians. Stalin killed off anyone with any skills, and then threw the masses of noobs in 1920's era planes at the fins. I remember reading German pilots during the initial invasion of Russia, being amazed at the fact that the many of the Russian planes were missing sites and the pilots had drew them on the windscreen.

You really should find better reference sources, instead of the tabloid types.

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »
maybe the finn's were better pilots then us, but probably not, look what happend to them after Yak's and La's started to replace the older types that were getting shot down by brewsters
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...