Author Topic: Sound pacs  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Sound pacs
« on: March 16, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
Hello all.
I have an embarrasing question, - well for an old AH'er like me.
Where can I download the latest and coolest soundpac for AHII????

I have a good old one installed with authentic sounds, but lack the sound for a dozen or two of both aircraft and vehicles.

So, any input is welcome
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sound pacs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
Stickied on top of the Custom Sounds & Skins forum.

Twinboom and USRanger are the only ones with up to date
sounds though, IIRC.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 03:55:16 AM »
twin boom has sounds for all planes and gv in AH. i use his sound pack becuase of the authentic aircraft sounds.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
twin boom has sounds for all planes and gv in AH. i use his sound pack becuase of the authentic aircraft sounds.
i gotta ask...and you can verify the authenticity how?
jarhed  

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:43:08 PM »

you tube is my friend
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 04:54:18 PM »

i been to alot of airshows with restored WW2 aircraft. i also took a flight in a restored B-17.

and do you even use twinbooms soundpack?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:08:02 PM by fullmetalbullet »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »
i been to alot of airshows with restored WW2 aircraft. i also took a flight in a restored B-17.

and do you even use twinbooms soundpack?

so you've heard what an a6m5 sounds like from inside the cockpit...impressive...how about an la-5fn? maybe a p-47-d25?

and yes i have...that's why i asked the question

you tube is my friend
lol...ya i suppose it can be...not a dig on you or your efforts...it's just that bullethead tends to make statements under the influence of twinkie induced comas.
jarhed  

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »
so you've heard what an a6m5 sounds like from inside the cockpit...impressive...how about an la-5fn? maybe a p-47-d25?

and yes i have...that's why i asked the question

lol...ya i suppose it can be...not a dig on you or your efforts...it's just that bullethead tends to make statements under the influence of twinkie induced comas.

have you? i bet not because there aren't that many Zeke's left and i don't really like ruskie airplanes. although i have heard Merlin's and the only engines i heard from the inside of a plane were the engines on a B-17. but the Merlin's that twinboom uses is accurate and so is the engines on the B-17, and going by that then i bet the sounds for the rest of the aircraft are correct. now thinking that way about people i bet you don't have very many friends jarhead. and I'm sure the marine corps teaches you that underestimating someone tends to well always backfire. as obi wan kenobi once said."You'r eye's will deceive you, don't trust them."

now if you're done trying to be the mister know it all, can we get back on subject.
i would recomend twinboom's soundpack. only because i heard mitsu's soundpack and they dont have sounds for all the aircraft in the game.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:38:56 PM by fullmetalbullet »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
have you? i bet not because there aren't that many Zeke's left and i don't really like ruskie airplanes. although i have heard Merlin's and the only engines i heard from the inside of a plane were the engines on a B-17. but the Merlin's that twinboom uses is accurate and so is the engines on the B-17, and going by that then i bet the sounds for the rest of the aircraft are correct. now thinking that way about people i bet you don't have very many friends jarhead. and I'm sure the marine corps teaches you that underestimating someone tends to well always backfire. as obi wan kenobi once said."You'r eye's will deceive you, don't trust them."

now if you're done trying to be the mister know it all, can we get back on subject.
i would recomend twinboom's soundpack. only because i heard mitsu's soundpack and they dont have sounds for all the aircraft in the game.
:lol  well bullethead, when you finally leave the nest and happen to get lucky enough to have the opportunities i've had...you won't make the errors you're making now...like the ugly little contradictions of your authenticity assertion...sitting in the pilot's seat, an engine will sound differently than it does when you're standing on the ground 100 yards away...and the noise the pilot hears changes when the canopy closes.

next time try using the bold statement before making such a bold statement as you did the first time...
jarhed  

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 05:55:41 PM »
:lol  well bullethead, when you finally leave the nest and happen to get lucky enough to have the opportunities i've had...you won't make the errors you're making now...like the ugly little contradictions of your authenticity assertion...sitting in the pilot's seat, an engine will sound differently than it does when you're standing on the ground 100 yards away...and the noise the pilot hears changes when the canopy closes.

next time try using the bold statement before making such a bold statement as you did the first time...

lol i haven't had this much fun in years lol. man i love how you think you're so smart, maybe im being wrong just to annoy you. maybe im doing all this to see how wanna be know it all's react.

there is no more respect among fellow players anymore. you lnow you could have ignored what i said and put you'r own "reccomendation in insted of this detour.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:01:37 PM by fullmetalbullet »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »
lol i haven't had this much fun in years lol. man i love how you think you're so smart, maybe im being wrong just to annoy you. maybe im doing all this to see how wanna be know it all's react.
mmmhhmmm...i see failure is your forte'
jarhed  

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
fyi...i did like twinboom's sound pack but it caused some problems on my system so i had to dump it...i may try it again since i'm now using win7.
jarhed  

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 02:22:40 AM »
Gangrene, it's pretty low to follow this kid around and pick on him every post
he makes. Even for a wannabe Marine.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 03:58:23 AM »
Using TwinBoom's soundpack on Vista 32-bit.  No problems here.  Not a top of line computer by no means either.

:airplane: Coogan 
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear