Author Topic: My first KOTH  (Read 728 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
My first KOTH
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »
Had a great time. Sure didn't know what to expect. Many great fights as well. Got owned a bunch too. Expected that. Still I left feeling great and a bit cocky. I have no clue why. Crashed once, and ran out of ammo once. Guess it doesn't take much for my hat size to change. Still I have never flown the k4, KI84, or the Da3 (?). Rarely fly the ta152 and never under those circumstances. Flown the f4u-1 twice.

It was nice to see a squaddie, Rud3boi, do well. He won one round. I've been training with him and have learned so much even after all these years. Rud3 also filled me in on the particulars of the event. Huge help!

Had some good fights with Crabby and Jeff. We're pretty equal I think. Got owned by Krup.

Looking forward to the next KOTH to test my mettle.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: My first KOTH
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »
Glad to hear a KOTH new-comer had such a great time. The first few you attend can be a little frustrating at times but once you get familiar with them, you can have a great time. KOTH certainly gets you familiar with a wide variety of planes and using CM Eye you can watch some very good dog-fights after your flying for that round has ended.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54