Author Topic: Alt f4  (Read 516 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Alt f4
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »
If a con who ditches by a friendly base alt + f4's out will you not get the kill?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Alt f4
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 11:49:09 AM »
Alt f4 just switches you to a different window. You can get a "ditch" or capture" if you get down safe, and not award a kill. 

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »
Alt F4 closes Aces High, and goes to your score as a disco.  Alt tab switches windows.
vNucks

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
If a con who ditches by a friendly base alt + f4's out will you not get the kill?

It depends on if he would have gotten a safe ditch by a normal "end sortie".  I've had to Alt-F4 in flight before and saw "xxx killed you" by proxie just before my screen closed.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »
but does it negate the kill when you Alt F4.
That would explain why some bombers suddenly all go down simultaneously 2.0k in front of you undamaged and no one even gets a proxy.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »
but does it negate the kill when you Alt F4.
That would explain why some bombers suddenly all go down simultaneously 2.0k in front of you undamaged and no one even gets a proxy.

seems some think its funny to bail like that, i record all my flights anyways so i'll see who he is once i see the film, but its just lame gameplay IMO, you dont really die  :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »

I believe if you have a ping on them and they Alt+F4,  you'll get credit.  If they Alt+F4 within "proxy" range then you'll get credit for a proxy kill. 

The other night, some player named zigtar was trying to BnZ me in a Bf 109K-4 and after I managed to equalize his energy and then gain the advantage and latch on his six, he starts to run way but his energy is not enough to gain any distance and I close in.  As I get within 800 yards, he hits Alt+F4 and I got the proxy kill without having to fire a single shot.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song