Author Topic: IP banned from the forum?  (Read 797 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
IP banned from the forum?
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:53:43 AM »
Hey there,

When I try to connect to the forum via my ADSL connection at home I get the following message:

An Error Has Occurred! Sorry Noir, you are banned from using this forum!
Accessing our bulletin board, via open proxy, is not allowed.

I don't use any kind of proxy, and the access works from work and my android smartphone...What would cause this? Can it be unlocked? Thanks.

I sent an email to support@hitechcreations.com but no answer yet.

:salute
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: IP banned from the forum?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:00:15 AM »
Could be your system has been hijacked or infiltrated by malware. Lets hope not but... thats the trend these days.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:34:04 AM »
I use a Mac and there is no possibility for a Mac to get viruses or malware! It is said on their website!!!  :ahand

More seriously I use Firefox 3.5x and I made sure that no proxy is selected...if the malware is implemented more deeply in Win7 then  :salute

I will give it a more carefull inspection tonight, now its been a couple weeks that my ping has gone BAD, am I a member of a botnet? Hope not  :bhead
now posting as SirNuke

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:21:28 AM »
Could also be your current IP lease from your ISP used to belong to someone who was banned.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
Could also be your current IP lease from your ISP used to belong to someone who was banned.

I didn't check recently but I'm supposed to have a fixed public address. the only french person that has ever been banned in Aces High is Straffo I think, and it wasn't for proxy reasons  :devil
now posting as SirNuke

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »
I use a Mac and there is no possibility for a Mac to get viruses or malware! It is said on their website!!!  :ahand

you can not be serious with this above thought, MAc's are just as much vulnerable to viruses & malware these days as Windows PCs are, you must be just BSing about this......

More seriously I use Firefox 3.5x and I made sure that no proxy is selected...if the malware is implemented more deeply in Win7 then  :salute

I will give it a more carefull inspection tonight, now its been a couple weeks that my ping has gone BAD, am I a member of a botnet? Hope not  :bhead

Proxy settings should not be in your Browser, they would be located in your Router settings, TCP/IP settings, Firewall settings, etc... for your internet connection...... ( not saying it is not possible that your Browser is not capable of using a Proxy though )

might want to try a Spybot S & D scan to clean out any malware you might have picked up

good luck

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »
yeah I was joking, I guess I read dailytech too much :) Thx for the input Ill run a spybot scan asap
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 02:36:45 AM »
well It's an ISP issue cause every computer in the house is the same, I'm currently in touch with Skuzzy to see what's going on.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 09:30:28 AM »
If every computer in the house is running off of a single router, of course the results are the same; you only have ONE IP address from your ISP, and your router is using it to send signals to all the computers in your home network.  Each of your computers has its own internal private IP address assigned by your router, but your house has just the single public IP address assigned by your ISP.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
Clear your cache, cookies and history.

Once you've had "a week off" it stays in your cache.

I speak from experience.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 06:50:55 AM »
Thanks guys it has been fixed by Super Skuzzman. The BBS is filtering my ISP because it uses some kind of proxy to connect its clients to the web, there was nothing wrong with my setup.
now posting as SirNuke