Author Topic: Story Question  (Read 822 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Story Question
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »
Dear Vets/Active Duty,

Firstly, thanks for keeping those who do not wish to or cannot fight, safe. (I belong to the former group, I wish to put on no airs).  I have a question for you guys.

I am writing a screenplay for my high school film festival, and it concerns four kids on a rifle team who were kidnapped by an arms dealer.  The kids hijacked the plane, and crash landed it based on the advice of a nerd in the group.  Now they are in the mountains of Afghanistan with guns, ammo and training manuals. 

How long would it take four kids who have shot rifles, pistols and shotguns all their lives to adapt to military hardware?  How long before they could carry a full load?  How long until they can perform AFAIK? (Something like getting someone back in the fight after a non-lethal hit while under fire).  How long until they can perfom a breach and clear? (One loves SMGs)  How long until a kid who's about 16-17 can handle a .50 BMG with API ammo? (One's a crack shot, and I need something that can detonate a warehouse full of ammo, fuel and explosives).

-Penguin

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Story Question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
Bump, I could really use some help here.

-Penguin

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »
watch Red Dawn, sounds like you are doing that movie.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:03:59 PM »
there's nothing I could say here that's gonna be nice, and a lot of it might get me banned. I'm out'a here.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:23:33 PM »
watch Red Dawn, sounds like you are doing that movie.

Wow, and I thought I had something original going.  My screenplay will be eliminated in the first round, thanks for saving me the agony.  To clarify, the kid with the .50 cal is not shooting a machine gun, but an antimaterial rifle.

-Penguin
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:26:40 PM by Penguin »