Author Topic: Film viewer player position export to AH.exe  (Read 211 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Film viewer player position export to AH.exe
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:05:48 AM »
An off the wall idea: that you could stop an offline AHF at any point, and click somewhere that'd export the recorded plane's status - position, speed, acceleration - and teleport yourself to that status inside the game.  E.G. someone posts a film of him having trouble completing a maneuver or breaking out of a spin, you download and watch the film, stop it and click "export", then go run AH.exe and click something somewhere that tells the game to zap you to the same circumstances on the same map.  You could thus have a better idea of what the other player is dealing with.

Might only be feasible for offline films.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
Re: Film viewer player position export to AH.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:12:14 AM »
Now that is a great idea!!!  Not sure how feasible it is, but a great idea none the less.  :aok    When it comes to films, I have always wanted to have snap views with my hatswitch, maybe it's possible and I have not figured it out  :headscratch:

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Film viewer player position export to AH.exe
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:45:50 AM »
Along similar lines, I've always been wishing for 3 things with the film viewer/ join command...

1. Shows my actual .hps settings as opposed to the default.

2. Control surfaces showing input

3. If someone uses .join - their views are slaved (but probably too difficult to export the .hps on the fly, so they keep their own views) so they see what the pilot is seeing/doing.

Hmmm... I'm trying to remember if i had indeed seen something similar to the OP suggestion.. might've been in AW, not sure... but i vaguely recall being able to do something like that... doubtful an older version of AH, but could very well be...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798