Author Topic: Anyone else find the Arena 51 gameplay...  (Read 2352 times)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
Re: Anyone else find the Arena 51 gameplay...
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 10:29:36 AM »
This.

AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
i thoroughly enjoyed myself for a change. the shields hold up long enough so that i dont die instantly like in the AVA or the MA's. its a great change and alot of fun. thanks HTC!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
Sorry guys, I was bored and logged after 2 flights.  Not my cup of tea I guess, have fun <S>.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »
They modled the claw on, well, nothing.

How hard could a Korean Arena be, modeled on nothing?

(Image removed from quote.)

wrongway

Hmmm....let's see.

CLAW has reasonably pseudo-modern fighter jet pilot heads up display (HUD) handles like a mix of Harrier on take off and acceleration and a modern carrier jet.

Climbs to cloud deck relatively quickly like a MiG but not 262.

Has in-air slow down better than anything else in the game but rear thrusters like commercial jets use upon landing.

I'm sure Dale & crew either have have a hidden space ship from aliens hidden somewhere near Austin they have reversed engineered (which explains all the UFO sightings there lately) or Dale is an alien from space and simply modeled it on something he remember from his home galaxy.

I'm sure your exactly right and it was never modeled on anything.

PPPPPhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttt tttt. :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:08:33 PM by ROX »

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »
it was fun but just like anything HTC gives us the players treat it like the MA. we eventually had vulching picking hoing bases taking all in Area 51
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Chewie

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
Guys years ago there was a Fox show call "Space above and beyond". On one episode they had chiggy Von Richthofen in a special attack craft.  It looks real close to the claw.  Thank you high tech for the change of pace and hats off for most of the things you do for this game. :aok
23 Years MO Air Guard.  C-130s.  5 Years USMC Aviation. "Sir! I flunked Flank School!"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 02:11:23 AM »
If nothing else, this has proven there is an interest in a Korea arena. I remember when Air Warrior was first bought out there were grand promises of a better Korea scenario and extending it into the Vietnam era. Alas, as we were all to learn this was pure BS and EA killed it. But the excitement the announcement made was impossible to ignore. As hard as it is to find a WW2 multiplayer sim, it's nonexistent for Korea and Vietnam.

Fighter pilots want to fly in the best aircraft they can. We really need a Gen1/Gen2 fighter sim of the same quality we have here from the fine folks at HTC. :)
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 03:11:24 AM »
Agreed.  Early jets dogfighting would be fun enough that it should be at least as popular long term as WWI.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 03:15:18 AM »
Everything else < Independents day arena.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
Everything else < Independents day arena.
Independence Day you brit :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »
If nothing else, this has proven there is an interest in a Korea arena. I remember when Air Warrior was first bought out there were grand promises of a better Korea scenario and extending it into the Vietnam era. Alas, as we were all to learn this was pure BS and EA killed it. But the excitement the announcement made was impossible to ignore. As hard as it is to find a WW2 multiplayer sim, it's nonexistent for Korea and Vietnam.

Fighter pilots want to fly in the best aircraft they can. We really need a Gen1/Gen2 fighter sim of the same quality we have here from the fine folks at HTC. :)

If the numptys at Air Warrior in Virginia could pull it off 16 years ago with crappy graphics---a version here is extremely "doable" look at the CLAW.

You are right about Kesmai.   They promised lots of better things and never pulled it off and were happy to live off the day to day dollars.  HTC is smart enough to keep evolving the games.  If I had $100 bucks in my hand to gamble right now I think they dumped the Tour of Duty concept and have been working on Korea quietly in the background.

PS--For M00T, I'm sure you are 100% correct.  Who in their right mind would want to play in a Korean Arena with "free" jets to dogfight in...no perkies needed.  Anyone who'd think that is just plain nuts.   :t
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:39:41 PM by ROX »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
Oh no! Arena 51 has been taken off the list. :(

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
Was it only for Apirl fool? Or is it every friday ?

:noid :noid
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Tippo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »
Here is a video from last fall.  It took me a long time to make on my slow computer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrK2v82Q4yk
I turned on Fraps thinking that the Aces High recorder wouldn't show the motherships.

I had a blast last fall trying to shoot down the CLAWs with a pony.  Just the same, I was addicted to flying and dying in the CLAW last friday.

Swampdragons

Offline dhart

• Copper Member
      • 357th Yoxford Boys
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »
I never got to try it!  :cry
Pigs On The Wing- 2nd Wing