Author Topic: Headset mic problem  (Read 385 times)

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
Headset mic problem
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:05:53 PM »
I bought a Razer Carcharias headset on the recommendation of my kid who has them and loves them.  The sound they produce is awesome but I haven't been able to get the mic to work very well in AH.  I'm using win7 64 bit and in Windows I have it sounding pretty good with a wave file test.  But in AH its like every other word is dropped.  Picking "Use Wave In" I can't really tell any difference.   My old raggedy headset mic still works fine in AH so I have to assume everything is setup ok.

Anybody use these and have them work?

We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Headset mic problem
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:55:07 PM »
Might want to make sure that the correct microphone is selected in AH, this can be found in the sounds tab on the clipboard. I have this problem when I switch USB ports for my microphone.
Strokes

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
 Sounds like you might be clipping the signal,try a reduced sound level,you might have to experiment abit. turn off mic boost,test in AH,reduce record level in windows ,test in AH then try reducing playback ingame and of course test again.

When in windows check to see if mic is set for playback,if so either mute or turn levels to zero,Vista has reset the playback on my mic for some reason and I have to be sure the level was at zero as muting the mic did no good,every time I logged on it would unmute.

hope that helps.

:salute

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »
Thanks for the ideas, I'll go through it all and see if I can sort it out.   :salute

Meanwhile, if on range you hear "mumble mumble high pony break mumble".  I don't have it fixed yet.   :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:57:47 AM by hyzer »
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?