Author Topic: Need some input on business cards  (Read 576 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: Need some input on business cards
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 12:19:31 PM »
You need a card like mine, otherwise it will just be CARP!

http://youtu.be/4YBxeDN4tbk

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »
I picked my new cards up from the printer's the other day. The paper is bone, and the type is Sillian Braille.

Very nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

Well played, sir.   :lol

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 12:35:05 PM »
I wouldn't list my home address on a business card unless I planned on seeing customers/clients at the house.  I'm not going to expose my family to potential hassles or harassment by listing my home on a business card.

I had some cards made up a while ago and I did not include an address, but then again they were for professional contacts, business cards for my own business.  If I do consulting or contract work from home in the future, I'll probably use a p.o. box or mail forwarding service.

And to counter the "what are they hiding" argument against p.o. boxes, nothing screams "amateur hour!" quite like a residential address on a business card.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 01:35:14 PM »
I picked my new cards up from the printer's the other day. The paper is bone, and the type is Sillian Braille.

Very nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

This was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the title!      :lol

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
By the way, the cheapest place to get a business card is Vistaprint.Com.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »
btw Ive never had an address on a business card or email sig - it really depends on the nature of your business. eg you run a shop, you need people to visit to buy stuff, you need an address. you're in purchasing and you deal with suppliers who need to send you samples, you need the address.

My business has a PO Box.  The USPS won't deliver reliably to the hangar and after enough lost pieces of mail enough was enough

thats a nightmare for a business. At my home address I havent had many problems with couriers, but the Royal Mail postmen are bananas round here, they treat the job like lazy paperboys. I get probably about 80% of my mail. 20% of my mail is for other addresses. I have a 2011 national census form here. I also have 3 others for different addresses. you would have thought that a fairly important part of a postman's job would be puttng the right mail in the right letterbox. :rolleyes:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 10:34:38 PM »
What is the type of  business you are promoting?

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 02:21:52 AM »
The less you can say and still get the point across the better. No address everyone has email. and a phone #

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 03:27:05 AM »
Check on a drop box. With some you can list the physical address instead of a PO Box.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.