Author Topic: The Flat Plate done by Richard Candelaria  (Read 1740 times)

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
Re: The Flat Plate done by Richard Candelaria
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 09:41:19 AM »
f

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »
sorry i gotta see the film where u can do it in game. it must take pedals to accomplish. in the dogfight video it appears to happen way too fast. i used 1/4 tank d model various altitudes, various speeds, throttle settings, engine shutoff, rpm decrease. the 51 hangs like  a wounded cow. i cant get any rotation with that small a rudder. make a vid alt r and describe what you are doing in the cockpit during the manuver.

rhino

players who have flown the P51 series planes for any length of time and practiced this maneuver cn pull it off in game....

Tango can do it with out even exerting himself, he has threads on it with film and animated gifs made from ingame films showing this manuever.... just do a search if you really need "proof"....... u must be one of them "Show Me" fellas from Missouri..heh

is ap1102  actually aka AutoPilot????  

bumped an old thread, and have the same tendancys and posting style either way.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
Here's DTango's post about it.  I agree with his assessment, tough to say how accurately the CGI guy at the history channel represented it, and being inside a plane during such a violent maneuver, I would imagine it'd be tough to say exactly what it looked like from outside.  About the only guy who could say definitively is the guy from the 109, and even then reality is subjective.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,267130.msg3336378.html#msg3336378

Pretty cool move, though I'm not entirely sure it would be particularly useful, seems to me it would require a fair bit of enemy cooperation to get his six.  I've always been a fan of the last ditch controlled spin to force an overshoot, myself.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »
tequila, in this instance i do want to see it done in game. the tango post were all done with specially designed aircraft. im not a show me person merely would like some instruction in how to perform it myself.

EZRhino not someone else formally

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
tequila, in this instance i do want to see it done in game. the tango post were all done with specially designed aircraft. im not a show me person merely would like some instruction in how to perform it myself.

The animated gifs below the youtube links look like they're ingame footage of a P-51 to me, aren't they?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 04:00:56 PM »
i cant watch them. does tango still fly?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 04:43:31 PM »
The animated gifs below the youtube links look like they're ingame footage of a P-51 to me, aren't they?

Wiley.

yes sir, Wiley... those animated gifs were taken from an Aces High Film that Tango ( DTango is  AH bbs username ) recorded performing this manuever in the game

if you can not view the animated gif... open the animated gif in a new browser window and give it time to load...... should have no problems, animated gifs are just very slow loading up.....

yes sir EZrhino, tango still flys/plays Aces high......  he is in the 412th squadron.......

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »
film or it didnt happen
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »
I've done similiar moves but not like that; I usually do the Spin N Drop which sometimes work, depending on what is on my Six. I managed to do it okay (exposed my pilot side little longer than usual). I tried downloading the films but nothing I do works so I am guessing my poor old computer can't handle it. Maybe I'll post some screenshots complete with trail. As for this move, i'll have to try it sometime.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 12:18:23 AM »
Use alt R to turn film on and off.

you been playing how long?
yeahyeah i know i know im just not in the habit of it.

in a general sense, starting in a 20-50 degree climb, pull hard elevator up while in a shallow turn, fight the torque of the aircraft with your ailerons (left or right depending what youre flying. done em in Lalas and 51s so far. cant tell about others), and hard rudder with the turn's direction, most times i 180 myself and fire back at my trailer (scares the hell out of em :lol ) or i steady myself well enough to get the 360 and get behind my enemy to shoot. at the right speed and the right timing, you can pull the overshoot on them.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 03:40:43 AM »
hey bar, if you and me can get some time togther lets go to training arena.  i want to try this one. ill look for you in game and pm ya.. <S>

Rhino

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 06:33:30 AM »
hey bar, if you and me can get some time togther lets go to training arena.  i want to try this one. ill look for you in game and pm ya.. <S>

Rhino
im usually flying with the squad but if i have time ill try my best to show you it <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy