Author Topic: questions  (Read 1316 times)

Offline whopper

• Zinc Member
Re: questions
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 09:01:13 AM »
See rule #7.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:18:19 AM by hitech »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
Man I hope not.  I never laugh harder than when I get a main gun kill.   :rofl
Ya know what .. it'd be even better if we got the old airplane explosions.  Instead of an animated sprite, you had the 3D models literally exploding into hundreds of little pieces, like bursting at the vertex seams.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »
I think the original poster is expressing his dissatisfaction with seeing someone dive in with thier bombs to close a base or bomb a cv just so they can up another and do the same thing until the task is completed.....then watch the person perpetrating this non historic behavior arguing flight or damage model accuracy.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »
Planes have been shot down by a tank's main gun. Not many, but it happened.

Oh? Where? Sorry, this is a total side track and I agree with everything replied to the original post.... But in historical context can you name one instance of any tank gun larger than 37mm that hit a plane, ever?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
Oh? Where? Sorry, this is a total side track and I agree with everything replied to the original post.... But in historical context can you name one instance of any tank gun larger than 37mm that hit a plane, ever?

I don't remember specifying a minimum or maximum caliber ... I just said it was done and there is nothing in the laws of nature that would prevent it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 03:01:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the guys who fought WWII were interested in surviving thier sorties which means they attacked tanks from an angle steep enough that the main gun could not have been brought to bear.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 06:41:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the guys who fought WWII were interested in surviving thier sorties which means they attacked tanks from an angle steep enough that the main gun could not have been brought to bear.

I would also guess that tankers didn't go popping off their not-unlimited ammo supply randomly at every low flying aircraft they saw.

It would give their position away.
It would waste a round
There's no telling where the round would hit when it came down.

It has been doctrine, however, in some armies to have infantry lie down on their backs and fire their light weapons straight up at the sound of an aircraft passing over head hoping for that golden BB.

I'm sure if ammo was free and unlimited, tanks would fire their main gun at... everything.

But, it's not.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »
Rule 7..... Nobody ever gets that one.   :O
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
Last camp I didn't fire a single round, all my kills were by intentionally ramming the enemy.       :x
I call BS. I saw you shoot down several :neener:
Stop doing the rain dance in the Springs. I need the hours at work. Paving not good in the rain.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:54:30 PM by Buzzard7 »