Author Topic: How's this for appreciation?  (Read 2768 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: How's this for appreciation?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 05:31:04 AM »
Spoken like a true bait caster.

Well I ain't biting.  :lol  :aok
Ummm, that wasnt a troll bud. Thats the truth. Like it or not. :aok
hes right about that... :headscratch: you take care of your six like its your kid. make sure no one hurts it. you cant rely on others to care for it right? although many do try to help as much as they can :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2011, 07:45:30 AM »
check6 button is almost worthless compared to range vox calling a con when hes starting his dive 5k out, or even just calling inbound badguys when your busy.

if I get a check I always reply even if Ive seen him. that way friendlies get an idea of how good your SA is. I always thank the friendly if its a good check*, that way he might save your life the next time :aok

people really do appreciate decent comms, and it counts for alot in a furball. nothing more annoying than flying in total radio silence when you can tell easily by the way theyre flying that the enemy are talking to each other. :bhead

* by good check I mean timely and describing the threat, or if its very late just what to do about it. anywhere from info: "headsup xxxx, coupla 190s inbound 15k ish" so the friendly can build his SA picture and decide what to do about it, to instruction when the friendly doesnt have time: "xxxx six! break! break!"
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »
So what I'm gathering from all these uber stick jockey types is that I might as well remove the check 6 function from my keyboard.

It's not my responsibility to help anyone and therefore I won't.

At least, not the ones that are on the list I've just started.

:neener:  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 07:56:10 AM »
I still use the check6 button sometimes. I mean if your callsign is 5xU8egs you'll be dead before Ive worked out how to pronounce it :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2011, 09:28:03 AM »
* by good check I mean timely and describing the threat, or if its very late just what to do about it. anywhere from info: "headsup xxxx, coupla 190s inbound 15k ish" so the friendly can build his SA picture and decide what to do about it, to instruction when the friendly doesnt have time: "xxxx six! break! break!"
Regarding SA, along with enemy altitude (a vital piece of information,) a quick "190 down" or "190 is a Dora" is useful.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 03:24:58 AM »
no Iam afraid I missed it, but I remember the hate pm from the F6F pilot lol

lmao, and I didnt think it could get any better.    :aok

:salute Nishi

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 04:11:39 AM »
I prefer a VOX shout out myself. You can give a lot more help then a generic 6 call. Friendly might see the 109 and think that's what the call was for but, if you say "n00b, check pony" he/she/it may live to keep fighting. . . Unfortunately, this is often impossible because you have a bunch of jackwagons cluttering up local with pissin' and moaning or other bs.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »
So what I'm gathering from all these uber stick jockey types is that I might as well remove the check 6 function from my keyboard.

It's not my responsibility to help anyone and therefore I won't.

At least, not the ones that are on the list I've just started.

:neener:  :aok

Honestly, unless I'm around people that I know know what they are doing, I rely on my own monitoring of my situation more than anything.  I don't know how many times someone has "checked six" , then started VoXing "MORAY BREAK NOW.. P-51!!!!!!"  when the P51 in question was D200 in front of me, taking taters into his cockpit.

I know they mean well, but my own SA is primary to any "checks" given out by others.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce