Author Topic: PT Boat landing.  (Read 1951 times)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
Re: PT Boat landing.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 01:20:36 AM »
DUDE! i SWEAR i didnt mean to troll.. i hate trolling, i said it is important because i never really thougth about it since i dont use the boat much. and it IS important.... what the hell is wrong with you......

Sorry bro, I guess I'm getting too used to facetious comments on this board.  Like I said, I apologize for my misunderstanding.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 01:21:25 AM »
Perhaps it's related to the CV or port flashing?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 01:24:20 AM »
Perhaps it's related to the CV or port flashing?

I have absolutely no clue.  I just brought it up because it came up in conversation last night on squad vox and I can't remember ever seeing anyone land damage or kills in a PT.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 01:24:39 AM »
its ok man.. i guess the way i said it could be interpreted as a troll, didnt mean to, but forgive me sometimes i fail BADLY on my english. most of the time i fail on a moderate way  :aok
anyway, have you tried it offline? perhaps memorizing the exact place were your sortie started (on a port case) and going around and then stopping on that very same point and finish it?
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 01:28:41 AM »
its ok man.. i guess the way i said it could be interpreted as a troll, didnt mean to, but forgive me sometimes i fail BADLY on my english. most of the time i fail on a moderate way  :aok
anyway, have you tried it offline? perhaps memorizing the exact place were your sortie started (on a port case) and going around and then stopping on that very same point and finish it?

No worries man, your english is better than alot of peoples' that claim it as their native language.  

Offline it seems to work if I don't leave the immediate area of the port and can come to a complete stop.  Online, in LW I've beached the boat and gotten a ditch.  I don't know if it has something to do with a larger landing area than a typical GV (6K), or if it has something to do with the port that you launch from...  Again, I'm at a loss.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:37:04 AM by AAJagerX »

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 01:31:24 AM »
when is anyone from HTC comming to explain it to us step by step like if we were 5 years old?!
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 01:35:57 AM »
when is anyone from HTC comming to explain it to us step by step like if we were 5 years old?!

At the very minimum, about 6 1/2 hours.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 07:48:56 AM »
A couple of squaddies and myself have tried landing PT boats in many situations...  The most extreme was when one of us drove one (afk for quite a while) 3 sectors out into the middle of nowhere into friendly water...  He got a ditch.  We've tried beaching our boats at a friendly base (no cons in sector), stopping and towering out by a CV that wasn't under attack, etc...  None of us has figured out how to get a "successful landing" message with the PT.  

It's not a big deal, but it'd be good to know if it IS possible.

spawn point
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 08:07:44 AM »

Rolex explained exactly how to do it already.

Get in front of and off to the side of a CV.

Make sure your at a dead stop.

As CV passes by you ... end sortie ... and you will get "landed".

At a port ...

Pull up next to a dock.

Make sure your at a dead stop.

End sortie ... and you will get "landed".

I have done it many times in both the MW and LW arenas.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »
The only time I've ever landed successfully in a PT boat was when:

1: I was fully stopped
2: There were no enemy for a long ways (no icons, no dots, no dar-bars, no blinking).
3: I was very near an allied base (don't remember which type and I doubt it matters)

I believe it is safe to assume that the "successful" landing procedures are no different than trying to do the same in a gv while off friendly concrete.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 08:27:49 AM »
I have absolutely no clue.  I just brought it up because it came up in conversation last night on squad vox and I can't remember ever seeing anyone land damage or kills in a PT.

august 23 2008

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »
We've been fooling with this for a while, on alot of maps.  Never got it to work.

I thought I got one by ending flgiht at teh PT boat Spawn. no?
Who is John Galt?

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 08:55:35 AM »
I have gotten a couple of PT boat landings.
Had to land very carefully at a base with the Runway almost on the water.
Get going very fast.  Straight at the end of the runway.
When you hit the beach, you will slide for a ways.  Of course it kills your engines.
When you come to a stop ON the RUNWAY.  You can tower out!

Did this once with something like 4-6 kills.

I will say, you have to be at the right base with everything working for you.   :D

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 09:10:45 AM »
The only way I remember getting a successful landing, other than being stopped within the boundary of a fleet, was by being stopped next to the pier of a port.

I have done both.  I recommend waiting at least 30 seconds or so to make absolutely sure that the boat is not moving.  You can do it! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »
A PT boat offline sinking the task group is a great stress reliever.  Put on some hard metal or techno and go a blasting :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute