Author Topic: Bailing to avoid ?  (Read 2726 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bailing to avoid ?
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
I would never bail even 100 on 1. I am riding that bird into the ground on fire.
The only time I will bail is to give credit to whoever I was fighting before a cherry picker comes and steals it.
Otherwise I'm riding it into the floor baby!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
I would never bail even 100 on 1. I am riding that bird into the ground on fire.
The only time I will bail is to give credit to whoever I was fighting before a cherry picker comes and steals it.
Otherwise I'm riding it into the floor baby!

WTG!! :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »
Personally I prefer to fly into the ground or a tree while I'm looking behind me at the four planes chasing me as I try to "gain separation".

:devil

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »
You did'nt seem to like the Pigs too much last night Juggler. :lol

:rofl :rofl was plenty-O-fun but none of you answered me, vpigs now?  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »

:rofl :rofl was plenty-O-fun but none of you answered me, vpigs now?  :aok

JUGgler

Silly Muffpit, vPigs  :rolleyes:.  There is no comparison.  We set out to take that entire island.  We did.  No NOE's or surprise carrier attacks.  Just straight here we come from a sector away dar bars with plenty of warning for those who would be interested in fighting it out.  The island to the east just had too many green guys for the Pigs comfort.  So we started our own fun.  Nothing worse than sharing assists with 40 green guys.   

See you up there,

:salute
Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »
Silly Muffpit, vPigs  :rolleyes:.  There is no comparison.  We set out to take that entire island.  We did.  No NOE's or surprise carrier attacks.  Just straight here we come from a sector away dar bars with plenty of warning for those who would be interested in fighting it out.  The island to the east just had too many green guys for the Pigs comfort.  So we started our own fun.  Nothing worse than sharing assists with 40 green guys.   

See you up there,

Way

I always enjoy fighting the pigs...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »

See you up there,

Way

I'm curious what percentage of sorties are landed in actions like that.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2011, 02:38:11 PM »

I never paid attention.  Is that important? :headscratch:

Seriously though, sorties of what?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
Knowingly embarking on multiple one-way missions seems a bit dweebish when there are other survivable ways to achieve the same objective.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:06:58 PM by icepac »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »
Knowingly embarking on multiple one-way missions seems a bit dweebish when there are other survivable ways to achieve the same objective.

Wow, who said oneway?  Well you just keep doing what you are doing brother if it works for ya.  It seems you know what you are talking about...   Dweebish? :rolleyes:  Who dug this guy up? :rofl   

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »

Lots of people land.

Drop your bomb on a hanger and circle until the base is taken.

Not like there's anyone to fight....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »
What sucks is that one way missions are the most effective way to get back into the action to help capture a base.  RTBing is a waste of time in the win the war sense.  Why?  Because 1) Base damage is set on a timer and 2) There is no incentive or value in landing other than personal glory after you have damaged a base.  Now, if landing your damage ensured that particular damage would stay damaged longer, I could see the merit in it.