Author Topic: CCC not opening  (Read 909 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: CCC not opening
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 07:41:05 PM »
Thanks Ack Ack.

I really don't wanna overclock anything.

I just want to adjust the AA? to get rid of jagged edges.

But still this thing (tray tools ) seems to be acting very much like the CCC did.

I just installed it last night, and initially it seemed to work fine.

But when I would leave a game that had just had its "jagged" edges smooth and re-enter the game, the jagged edges had returned.

Now the tray seems to have stopped working altogether, ie: it won't open.

What a collosal pia!! :bhead
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
Thanks Ack Ack.

I really don't wanna overclock anything.

I just want to adjust the AA? to get rid of jagged edges.

But still this thing (tray tools ) seems to be acting very much like the CCC did.

I just installed it last night, and initially it seemed to work fine.

But when I would leave a game that had just had its "jagged" edges smooth and re-enter the game, the jagged edges had returned.

Now the tray seems to have stopped working altogether, ie: it won't open.

What a collosal pia!! :bhead

In ATI Tray Tools, if you right click on the icon in your SysTray select 3D and set Anti-Aliasing to application settings.  Select this if you don't want your drivers to override the AA settings you've set in AH.  Since AH allows you to adjust AA in game, there is no need to set the drivers in ATI tools to anything other than application settings. 

You can also create a profile (handy if you play multiple games with different video settings).  You can create the profile by again, right clicking on the ATI Tools icon in your SysTray and select 3D and then go to "save" (it might say "profiles", not at my home computer to verify, working based on recollections of a bong resinated brain) and then name your profile and save it.  I'm sure that you can also set the profile to load at start up.

A good tip is to create a profile with all default settings and save it as "default", this way you always have a profile that you can load with the default video settings.

In the general settings, there is an option that says something like "apply hardware settings at startup".  Make sure that this is checked, this way in ATI Tools starts at Windows boot up, it will apply the hardware settings automatically.  This option is for when you do hardware specific settings like overclocking your card.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wayout

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 09:16:31 AM »
You're better off not using CCC, uninstall it and use ATI Tray Tools instead.
ack-ack

Been using ATI Tray Tools for years.  Excellent program.
  For most people the sky is the limit.  For a pilot the sky is home.