Author Topic: HTC, a small fix please?  (Read 597 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
HTC, a small fix please?
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »
A little bone for the bomber pilots:  Enable all kills (air and ground) to be displayed on the in-game and online stat sheets.  Currently the in-game sheet only displays ground kills, while the online sheet only displays air kills.  Since none of them count in any way for score*, at least make the listings consistent for the two sources.  No reason why A2A kills shouldn't show up on the in-game stat sheet.

*  See this thread : http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,311327.msg4030237.html#msg4030237
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: HTC, a small fix please?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:15:44 AM »
I too think that air to air kills should count.  But then again, I think the scoring system should include the ENY of the aircraft/gv in which those victorys were recorded as well. 

For instance, if a person lands 3 kills in a P40 that should count for far better of a rank/score than if they were to land 3 kills in a Spit16.  As it currently stands, they are scored the same exact way.  So the fellow who has to work each and every bit of his/her skill and every ounce of the [insert challenging aircraft here]'s performance to garner a victory, then who deserves a bigger "pat on the back"???
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
I too think that air to air kills should count.  But then again, I think the scoring system should include the ENY of the aircraft/gv in which those victorys were recorded as well. 

For instance, if a person lands 3 kills in a P40 that should count for far better of a rank/score than if they were to land 3 kills in a Spit16.  As it currently stands, they are scored the same exact way.  So the fellow who has to work each and every bit of his/her skill and every ounce of the [insert challenging aircraft here]'s performance to garner a victory, then who deserves a bigger "pat on the back"???

anyone can vulch in a P40......and say they were AtA.....but then again that's what most of the landed kills you see are now a days anyways :rolleyes:

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
Defending your buff's is sometimes a far more important characteristic then the bombing itself....  Afterall, you do need to reach your target.

Defensive kills currently do not count towards your score, only perk points.  

Please add another Bomber Scoring Cat:
Defensive Kills

Because when it comes right down to it.......  

Myself & 999000 are going to reach their target and bomb successfully, even with four or five enemy fighter 2k away, whereas many times the buff pilot never makes it to target.  

Unless you want to totally get rid of score, why shouldn't it be included as it may just be the most important part about bombing.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »

I don't necessarily disagree, but you already DO get more perks at least..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 11:43:38 PM »
I don't necessarily disagree, but you already DO get more perks at least..

True.  I think that is fair and well.  However, when King Pick is using his Tempest in hopes of earning a high rank he should receive less credit score wise than of someone were to do they same thing in a P40E.  If ENY was factored into score/ranking, there would be an entirely different set of people in the top 20.  Those fellas that are experts in the P38's, non-K4 109's, P47's, etc, would rule the show for the first few months.   

off topic: I think it is funny to hear people cry when they earn a single perk point for shooting down an Me262 in their P51D, La7, Spit16, Tempest, etc. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 10:05:33 AM »
they guys that fly the more challenging planes usually dont care about perks.  They/We dont like flying the super uber easy mode rides, thats why the "p40" would be flown.  To some of us the challenge of the plane and the fight is still the reason we play, not to get our name in lights.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »
they guys that fly the more challenging planes usually dont care about perks.  They/We dont like flying the super uber easy mode rides, thats why the "p40" would be flown.  To some of us the challenge of the plane and the fight is still the reason we play, not to get our name in lights.

Actually, the guys who dont care about scoring are the ones who fly the more challenging aircraft, at least typically.  The players that constantly land the kills in the Spit16, etc, are the ones who pay attention to rank, or name inlights, etc.  The more challenging aircraft are going to earn you more perks to use.  I'd rather get beat barely while Im in a P40E than land 10 kills in a Spit16, Tempest, etc.  I've taken an interest in the 262 lately just to see if I can do anything in it.  So far, Ive learned I cant aim those 30mm worth a hoot moving 450mph+.  :D     

The only perks I like to really pay attention to are the GV perk points.  I use them up as I burn them (thanks to the Panther!). 

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
Actually, the guys who dont care about scoring are the ones who fly the more challenging aircraft, at least typically.  The players that constantly land the kills in the Spit16, etc, are the ones who pay attention to rank, or name inlights, etc.  The more challenging aircraft are going to earn you more perks to use.  I'd rather get beat barely while Im in a P40E than land 10 kills in a Spit16, Tempest, etc.  I've taken an interest in the 262 lately just to see if I can do anything in it.  So far, Ive learned I cant aim those 30mm worth a hoot moving 450mph+.  :D     

The only perks I like to really pay attention to are the GV perk points.  I use them up as I burn them (thanks to the Panther!). 

flying a P40 in the MA is just well...silly...the hourds force those that want to enjoy some good are combat into a ride that is more competitive.
other then that I completely agree. :aok