Author Topic: Whats for Dinner?  (Read 421 times)

Offline camnite

• Copper Member
Whats for Dinner?
« on: April 21, 2011, 02:40:51 AM »
I'm starting to get sick and tired of the same fast-food restaurants. Please post up recipes unique to your section of the world. Just want to see what others consider a good dish is that I've never had before.
"I pledge allegiance to the Crimson Tide of the University of Alabama, and to the tradition for which it stands, one nation under Saban, undefeated, with championships and victory over all"
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Re: Whats for Dinner?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:38:26 AM »
Boiled charred sheep-head with a boiled turnip.
(actually I eat this)
But seriously, I will pop in later with something really nice.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 06:57:43 AM »
I try and avoid fast food. Maybe a couple times a week for lunch.  If i'm really drunk, I like what Angus likes.
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 08:45:23 AM »
Living in the "Pierogie pocket" of the US, I offer this:

http://www.eatingcleveland.com/2008/01/06/how-to-make-pierogie-perogi-perogy-pirohi-piroghi-pirogi-pirogen-piroshke-or-pyrohy/

Coffee spitting part of the recipe:

You are going to eventually have to use something to cut circles out of the dough. I have a circular cookie cutter that I use for empandas, so I used that. You can use whatever you want though: a cup, bowl, scissors, used margarine container, slinky. Doesn’t matter.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:06:44 AM by Dragon »
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:51:59 AM »

"Makkaraperunat" i.e. deep fried french fries with deep fried sausage cubes with heavy amount of salt and select choice of relishes.

Guaranteed to clog up your arteries, create a pulsating thirst and true satisfaction after a night out at the bar.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:52:37 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

"Makkaraperunat" i.e. deep fried french fries with deep fried sausage cubes with heavy amount of salt and select choice of relishes.

Guaranteed to clog up your arteries, create a pulsating thirst and true satisfaction after a night out at the bar.

Holy Jesus....
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
home made chilli cheese fries...mmmm mmmm fat goodness

or you could try taking boneless skinless chicken breast, coat it with a mixture of 2tbs honey, 1/4c orange marmalade and 1/4c plum preserves, wrap in aluminum foil or place in covered baking dish, bake at 350 until done...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »
Pseudo Ziti

1 lb of spicy italian sausage
2 large green bell peppers
1 large red bell pepper
1 large sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic
20 ozs of pasta sauce (your taste  I use Prego Chunky Garden)

Finely chop the veggies and set aside.  Preheat a large pre oiled pot medium high. 

Place sausage in the pan stirring occasionally until all the sausage is browned.  Drain off grease.  Place the pot back on the stove and add the the veggies until thoroughly mixed and onions are getting soft.  Add pasta sauce.  Let heat until the mixture is bubbling. Stir occasionally and add garlic salt and / or Italian seasoning to taste. 

Makes 4 to 6 servings. 

I usually make this and freeze it in tupperware containers.  When Squid or my room mate gets the hungries this is something they can nuke and be eating in five minutes or less.  I'd boil some noodles myself. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »
Fried Chicken
Black Eye peas (the food not the stupid "band") with some bacon or just pork added while cooking
Fresh cut corn off the cob
Fried Okra
Sliced tomatoes
Homemade rolls
Apple or Pecan Pie
Large Pitcher of SWEET TEA!
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That looks amazing  :O  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.