Author Topic: Are there enough players?  (Read 7736 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Are there enough players?
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
I can imagine why.

you can can ya..... :aok

that's actually not a "thumbs up" but its the closest one to the one I want to use.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
I can imagine why.
Me too cause its correct..
Nice bone quote there, I guess you agree.

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2011, 02:41:11 PM »
Lusche if I remember correctly, the order of base taking was a single sequence. But if there would be more of them as the number of players increase in the arena. For example if you had another sequence everytime 25 more players are joining, it would mean 4 different bases could be attacked/taken if there is 100 players. I think this idea has something different than what we got in the past.  :aok

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »
That idea does sound good. Or like was said before, targets could be assigned. Players would then be awarded more perks for attacking/defending the assigned targets.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2011, 03:00:12 PM »
This could give us two more stats, zone defense time/zone attack time.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »
Me too cause its correct..
Nice bone quote there, I guess you agree.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
That quote/link is from their private BBS
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Now thats what I call an impact  :aok
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
Atleast he speaks with truth :)  :banana:
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »
Oh oh, I detect a thread hijack imminent!  The question is, who will get the last word? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2011, 03:29:36 PM »
Atleast he speaks with truth :)  :banana:

That he want's to screw us?

Your right, everyone in the muppets in male, and so is DrBone...  Ask him how does it feel to finally come clean and out of the closet? ;)
We appreciate the flattery, but none of us swing that way (to my knowledge).

Oh oh, I detect a thread hijack imminent!  The question is, who will get the last word? :)
Nothing like a good ol' muppet vs crumpet thread.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:30 PM »
Atleast he speaks with truth :)  :banana:
So, who is not speaking with truth here?

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2011, 03:39:49 PM »

See Rule #4

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2011, 04:18:25 PM »
When the area splits happened is when I started to lose interest. Mainly because 9 times out of 10 I would log in, see that most of my squadies were in one of the LW arenas and it was always capped, and I wouldn't be able to fly with my squad. My only choice was to go to another arena and fly with people I didn't know, or sit there and wait, hoping the cap would change and let me log in to fly with my friends. It was frustrating and it sucked.

Back before the caps when I logged in I KNEW I was going to get to fly and fight with my squad. Didn't matter if our "country" was outnumbered or not, we would either deffend our fields, or we would go on the attack. Point was we were flying together and having fun. All that went by the wayside in order to make things more "fair" in the arenas with population caps and side balancing.

You only know your squaddies? Wow
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline shdo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
Sorry, but there is no way that can be "extrapolated".  In fact, there is no way to prove that the "majority like to win with relatively little effort" and how that even translates to flying for the side with more global war victories.  Win the War guys are underestimated.  They do like a good challenge.  Maybe not in a 1v1 combat sense, but they are challenging themselves in ways that most of us "vets" do not consider.  If there is no challenge people quit, I don't care who you are.  People also quit when there is no purpose.

there is a reason there are only 3 countries and that all countries opposing your county are the same color.  while this is a fantastic game that HT, Pyro and crew have created it's not their first rodeo. 

I can personally attest to the fact that people will gravitate to the country they perceive as "doing the best" and that multiple countries will gang up on one when they can easily tell them apart.  I am not saying that it can not be fun being on the receiving end of that but we also had much lower numbers and you could and did know everybody that was logged in at the time.

I've only been back a short time and been away for an awfully long time but when you learn your craft in the furball at A1 you don't forget and your blood always pounds with the call of "purps and frogs inc!!!!".

shdo
Yip Yip Yip!

p.s. HT could we get one arena with the old "close and land" capture back please???? :)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
That was the field capture order, and it was a horrible fail.

Dont know if we're talking about the same thing or not. I dont think so though
When I was speaking of zone bases I meant when there was one primary base for a series of bases in that zone.
If that base were captured it effected supply to the remaining bases in that zone. For example if the zone base were captured. Any damage to supplies (ord,troops,fuel) would either not occur or occur at a greatly reduced pace.

I remember a great many  fights taking place around people rallying to tr to either capture or prevent the capture of the zone bases.

If we assume that we are both talking about the same thing. I would not by any stretch of the imagination consider that a failure.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2011, 04:55:10 PM »
Dont know if we're talking about the same thing or not. I dont think so though

No we are not.  ;)

Your term "limited target set" did set me on the wrong track then, because in my understanding the zone bases did not limit the players to a particular target - in fact,the zone base had been often ignored/bypassed for some easier targets first.
The capture order however did truly limit the possible targets, forcing the players to attack certain bases or not at all.

To prevent any misunderstanding - I DO want the zone bases back (and at least railyards acting at resupply multipliers associated with them, located in the now deserted places of the old stats)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:56:52 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman