Author Topic: Resets Need Some Tinkering  (Read 602 times)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
Resets Need Some Tinkering
« on: April 19, 2011, 03:27:10 PM »
  Personally, I'm thinkin' "the war" is way too short, and resets are occuring at a
rather ridiculous pace. Methinks it's time to adjust the percentages a little
bit, skewed towards what we had prior to this recent adjustment.
  (Putting on my flame retardent skivvies)

Regards, Odd

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Resets Need Some Tinkering
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:28:43 PM »
I don't know Odd.  Were you back playing during the BBS meltdown about winning the war being too hard time not so long ago?

Not sure the BBS would survive another one of those :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:37:27 PM »
Wasn't it like 90% of yours and 40% of the two other's?  Now it's like 20% of the two other's?  Maybe bump it up to 25% or 30%?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »
Obviously the folks who love capturing fields do not want anything in their way...... that is my take after all the too hard whining last time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »
They really need to customize the settings as far as caps set and % for winnig the war for each map. Although Im all for rotating maps, it gets aggrevating when a good map gets knocked off too soon.

There really is a big difference when you get a map that you only need 4-5 feilds to win rather than 20. I say keep the 20% for big maps, 30 or 40% on the smaller ones.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
They really need to customize the settings as far as caps set and % for winnig the war for each map. Although Im all for rotating maps, it gets aggrevating when a good map gets knocked off too soon.

There really is a big difference when you get a map that you only need 4-5 feilds to win rather than 20. I say keep the 20% for big maps, 30 or 40% on the smaller ones.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. 20% for Large and 40% for Small, not sure if they can do that or not though.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
I'm a "Win teh warzez!" player, but I'd like to see it be just a tad higher.....

I like to win the war because I suck so bad I can't get fighter perks without it..... :uhoh - Just look at my K/D lol
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »
I dont think the new settings are all that bad.  It certainly keeps the maps rotating.  The good thing about the faster rotating maps is getting Mindanao rotated OUT for a few maps.  That is the only map I dont care if it never shows back up, there is no ryhme or reason to it plus the gv spawns are far and few between.

I vote to keep it "as is" for the time being.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 06:29:50 PM »

What is a "good map"?

Short flights between fights?
Places to gv?
Easy to roll bases?

Curious.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 06:42:15 PM »
What is a "good map"?

Places to gv?
Easy to roll bases?

Curious.

wrongway

This is a different answer for different people. I like Mindanao, where as SmokinLoon hates it. Trinity and Uterus are the ones I don't like because it seems to always be the same fights at the same spots. I'm sure other love Trinity.

You can"t please EVERYONE.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »
I logged in twice yesterday only to find I would have to go and do something else for a bit because the map was resetting. Just an odd coincidence I suppose.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 07:46:37 PM »
What is a "good map"?

Places to gv?
Easy to roll bases?

Curious.

wrongway
good maps= any map that has a little bit of everything. Mindano, Uteris and old tank town are some off the bat that I really like. Mostly because the terrain is flat enough that fights are usually mid alt.
Trinity/pizza are my least fav because GV spawns are further and fights usually take longer to get to. No big deal if a map gets reset, I just like to see some certain maps on. The terrain and eye candy is the same as any other map, but it certainly can affect gameplay
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 02:29:07 AM »
I logged in twice yesterday only to find I would have to go and do something else for a bit because the map was resetting. Just an odd coincidence I suppose.

Not really a coincidence, Phatz. There's a reset almost every day now. What with the regular daily arena resets/arena swaps,
and the currently "easy" mode to "win the war", one can find themselves in a reset situation 3 or 4 times a day.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:28 AM »
I haven't seen a single reset this tour.    :headscratch:

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »
What is a "good map"?

Places to gv?
Easy to roll bases?

Curious.

wrongway

I have contemplated this question and came to one conclusion....... one that gets you from here to there. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)