Author Topic: A Little Frustrated.  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: A Little Frustrated.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »
Well..... looks like a lot of good info and offers to assist.

Keep at it sky and don't give up. It'll pay off in aces.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 11:56:47 AM »
For what it's worth on the learning curve, it took me 9 tours to get above a 1:1 aggregate (Fighters, Bombers, Vehicles) Kills/Deaths ratio, and I was an instructor pilot in real life. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Random advice:

Read what's out there.

Climb rate correlates to acceleration. Check the perfomance charts.

The TA has a dive bombing sight that shows where the bomb will hit as well as air spawns for jabo training.

Consider turning off the stall limiter.

Learn compression speeds as best you can.

Try to wing up with someone. If you see me in game, pm me. I'm always open to winging up.

Reviewing films is a great learning tool.

Everyone gets frustrated. Hopefully the game is fun enough for you to get past the "d'oh" moments.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
hey if u need help my one man squad is recruiting, as your squad leader and mentor i promise to use you as bait and steal your kills but you will learn squad tactics/ how to fly aces high and you will never die before me.  :banana:

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
I'll be in the AVA tonight around 6 to 6:30 central and you're welcome to come smack me around a bit.  As stated before a lot of guys will offer you a ton of help.  All you have to do is ask.  This game takes a long time to master.  In fact I'm still working at getting decent after 4 years in game or so.  But it's fun 99.9% of the time.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 03:41:24 PM »
I am a new player (Skydive) who is frustrated.  I understand there is some skill involved in playing but I find it frustrating that when you are solo & going to attack a field 3 to 5 enemy planes appear out of nowhere and you are dead.

Whenever you attack an airfield, and are above the radar minimum altitude, the base will flash red, and a warning is issued to the other side.  Consider a 109 or a Spitfire- if they had even 3 minutes warning, they could be at 8,000 feet waiting for you by the time you get there- going solo isn't exactly smart play.  Unless you're in a bomber formation at 25,000 feet and are going to ruin hangars or something to assist the fight in the general area (take away bombs/fighters/bombers from the surrounding airfields to make capture easier).

I have found inconstancies in that you can shoot & hit them a lot but if they hit you with one round you are dead.  I have also seen enemy planes scream up from a field I am attacking at jet propelled speeds and at incredible Angles of Attack.  So I am saying it appears a little favoritism is at hand.  Are the red planes real people or computer driven?  I have seen these aircraft do things I do not believe the actual aircraft is capable of performing....maybe I am a victim of computer lag.  Just for the record I am a Pilot in real life.

I think lag might be a part in everything you're mentioning.  The "one ping" thing comes from not "seeing" the bullets hit (remember, it's the shooter that decides if you get hit or not)- and the "hyper speed" airplanes are very much indicative of lag.

Every plane/AFV/Boat you see in the game is controlled by a human being- only AAA is computer driven (AKA "Otto" or "Ack").

As a point of advice- I wouldn't wave my private pilot's license as a form of credentials in here.  A Cessna Skylane XXX has about as much to do with the kinds of planes we have in here as a pop-tart.   Your never exceed speed is probably the stall speed of some of the fighters.

Anyway I think that for a "new" player there should be some sort of handicap given in the way of damage sustainable so their interest lasts longer than mine.  Also why not highlight or mark the player a "Young" for say 30 days at which time the title & handicap drops.
I would also like to see in the training area practice enemy planes that fly in a circle, zig-zag or similar so that you could target practice without getting constantly killed i.e a drone.

You have drones offline circling your field at (I think) 2,000 feet, 200 mph.  Plenty of practice there.  And regarding your handicap idea- I do not think it is a very good one, to be perfectly honest.   Best thing you can do for yourself is get yourself trained up, and take the bull by the horns, and make this game your b****. 

Find Rolex, Morfiend, or Ghosth in the TA.  They'll set ya straight real quick.

Please also consider a practice bombing run where you could bomb buildings, hangers etc. without getting shot back...the buildings could reset every hour or so.  This would enable new players to figure out the basics.
Lastly in the aforementioned suggestions make the travel distance from host field to target shorter distances.
Just some suggestions to enhance the game to a new player friendly level.
Aloha,
Skydive

Training arena has a bombing practice area, and I beleive you can't take damage from the guns.  There's also a handy computing indicator that tells you how well your bomb site is configured.

Travel distances between fields vary, and there's a reason for it.  If you mash the fields in too close together, it's a bloodbath and nobody can get up in time to intercept.  If they're too far apart, it takes too long and nobody cares to fly that far.  That's why you see most of your action between fields on the front line, and below 10,000 feet ;)

Aloha?  You're from Hawaii, maybe?  That could explain your lag issues, friend.  Food for thought.  :salute
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:43:21 PM by TwoStep »