Author Topic: Road to Rangoon Aircraft Discussion (A6M2 vs Hurricane mk I)  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Road to Rangoon Aircraft Discussion (A6M2 vs Hurricane mk I)
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »
For the sake of discussion or the need to just let it go :)

It's the only Brewster we have.  For immersion sake, it's the way to go.   The Allies already are upping Hurri I's that are lesser performers and have less hitting power then their historical counterparts at Rangoon.  The Mk IIA and B in particular had a better speed by almost 20mph over the Hurri I.  The Hurri IIc actually is slower then the IIA and B and yes that's with the tropical filter.  Call it even with the Brewsters.  The Japanese are upping birds of higher performance with better hitting power then their historical counter parts.   Throw in that 110 and those cannons, and I'd say I'm not too worried about the Japanese suffering from the Allies being coddled by flying two squadrons of Brewsters.

I think as a P40B driver, I ought to be screaming the loudest.  Instead I think I'll just fly the thing, enjoy pretending I'm a cartoon Flying Tiger pilot and hope the immersion is what I think it will be. :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2011, 08:28:41 PM »
I quite agree with you in the "it balances out" field -- and with the "it's the only BREW we have" comment.

P.S. Those A6M5bs gave us some trouble last time... I was in P-40Bs. You'll love it! I'm trying the other side this time  :salute

EDIT: Although.. I just noticed there are FOUR squads of P-40s this time?? We only had 1 squad P-40Bs and 1 P-40Es last time...

color me ???
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:35:35 PM by Krusty »

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2011, 11:19:13 PM »
P.S. Those A6M5bs gave us some trouble last time... I was in P-40Bs. You'll love it! I'm trying the other side this time  :salute

EDIT: Although.. I just noticed there are FOUR squads of P-40s this time?? We only had 1 squad P-40Bs and 1 P-40Es last time...
you aint lasting 5 minutes krusty :t good luck sir <S> :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy