Author Topic: Question about GV Gunsight  (Read 780 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Question about GV Gunsight
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 02:26:29 PM »
what about placing a small compass in the corner of the screen representing each the turrent and hull?
 I vote to keep the TC view as it is now.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »
so it would show the relationship between the direction the tank hull is driving/pointing and the direction the main gun/turret is pointing?

it currently does that, but hitech's example now your gun and view is shown relative to the heading bug,  not top=forward.  so are youre steering around, the gun and view will rotate around with the heading bug. ie. if youre gun and view is foward, and you drive south, all 3 bugs will point 6 oclock.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:16:46 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »
Took a min and wrote it.

This would be driving west looking directly behind the tank.

(Image removed from quote.)

HiTech

That looks great! Seems like a simple enough fix that everyone will be able to get used to. If I understand correctly, you could find the heading based on which was the barrel is pointed? You don't need the "hull bug" or whatever at all to stay oriented, right? In that picture I would have guessed you were looking North but with the new coad you'd be looking East, much more intuitive!

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com