Author Topic: update: please test before release  (Read 1871 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: update: please test before release
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »
the new tank sights are worth any number of whines.

I don't touch my mouse while gv'ing..so that view system is not an issue. It pretty much functions as it did. All these people saying they drove from pintle gun anyway with their rudder pedals.. what's the difference?

Lusche, I really don't get the interior graphics bit.. who cares? how often were you inside the drivers compartment? I for one, always had my views set up so I was up out of it with a clear view anyway.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 09:00:25 PM »
Lusche, I really don't get the interior graphics bit.. who cares? how often were you inside the drivers compartment? I for one, always had my views set up so I was up out of it with a clear view anyway.

I wouldn't go with "who cares"... obviously Lusche does, or he wouldn't have mentioned it  ;)
He's not the only one who does either by my guess.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 09:21:26 PM »
I wouldn't go with "who cares"... obviously Lusche does, or he wouldn't have mentioned it  ;)
He's not the only one who does either by my guess.

yea but I doubt even mr. snail drove from inside drivers compartment looking thru the slit.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 09:23:37 PM »

yea but I doubt even mr. snail drove from inside drivers compartment looking thru the slit.

i did :D
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 09:30:06 PM »
weirdo :)
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline prowl3r

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 09:52:48 PM »

- new gunsights in tanks as well as the ability to pivot are big step forward, but the rest of the new GV system (mouse view control from commander position, getting rid of driver position / interior graphics) is just crap.

well said <S>
in peace sons bury thier fathers, in war fathers bury thier sons

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 10:02:14 PM »
I don't have any issuse with the new update.  Tank sights are the shizzle dang every nooob  will be able to shoot now.   Easy mode if you ask me
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 10:28:48 PM »
Shore battery is an effing nightmare, despite all suggestions, range finder and actual GUN won't point same direction, had to physically hit power button to close game, got in endless loop. Not sure how losing the ability to steer a tracked vehicle with pedals is an upgrade
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 10:42:54 PM »
good golly you had to go a wreck it for me   no more pedals .. hmmmmm did not try to remap was having to much fun with the sights.  ahhh booooooooo// ill go look right now
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 08:34:10 AM »
I don't have any issuse with the new update.  Tank sights are the shizzle dang every nooob  will be able to shoot now.   Easy mode if you ask me

i tend to think the previous way was more easy mode.. every tank with it's effectively infinite zoom, same sight in every tank -- no learning different sights.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »
Lusche, I really don't get the interior graphics bit.. who cares? how often were you inside the drivers compartment?

Quite often. Oh, of course I was using mainly the hatch view when driving, but I had another view mapped so I could read the instruments as well: Gear indicator, artifical horizon, revs, speed and so on. Yes, I did actually use those things every sortie :)
I also did use the bow gunner position. In rather desperate, outnumbered defense situations would occasionally position my Tiger so that the bow MG was pointing at the maproom. In case a M3 flanked me and let troops out, I could quickly hop to that position and kill them without having to turn my turret around. This ain't possible anymore as the hull MG now is linked to the turret.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »
I love the new GV system.  The sites are just the icing on the cake.

The only real "bugs" I've come across are the dust/smoke timers (during take off), and the new A6M. 

I guess I'm lucky, because I'm not having ANY of the issues regarding axis mapping that others are reporting.  Everything was just the way I had it before the update.  All I needed to do was recalibrate the axes.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 11:36:25 AM »

Another minor thing: The automatic transmission has some trouble on slopes, constantly switching up and down between gears, accelerating, then unnecessarily gearing up, coming almost to a halt and so on ;)

I was wondering about that too. How about going downhill and trying to down shift to the correct gear. I think that there should be an option that sets shifting to "auto" or "manual".

In manual, each hit of the "W" will shift up a gear and each hit of "S" down shifts a gear ... like "W" and "Q" use to do.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:24 AM »
I have to remap everytime i switch from gv to flight. Tired of remapping tonight. :headscratch:
This caused me to log in frustration. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »
I installed the update and Hi-res pack.  No problems other than the "run as administrator" fix.   Stick mapping and views are fine.  Did you not save your settings file before updating?

The new GV modeling is awesome IMO.  The higher perked tanks will finally be worth the cost!

I loaded it and did NOT save map files. Ran as admin was needed. Everything else worked fine except the key comands that were changed with the new set up. F12 is no longer Tracker Center. That key command is now ctl F4. I re-mapped that hat switch and that was the only change I had to make. I didn't have any skins loaded because I had re-installed that game about a month or so ago an never reloaded the skins.

Tank controls were fine. looke dcool. Worked as advertised, but I thought I was going to be able to look around using my Track IR from the commander position and I can only look around using the joystick [mouse control de-selected] in which the gun follows. Someone posted that I could do that from a different position but that seems  like a work around. Pyro mensioned that the gun control and the view system were seperate, implying we could do both.

I assume I'm not doing something right, but I haven't played with it that much. If someone with a track IR has figured it out, maybe you can post.  :salute
Who is John Galt?