Author Topic: Possible minor issue regarding TrackIR and the new patch  (Read 265 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Possible minor issue regarding TrackIR and the new patch
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:43:53 AM »
I say possible because I haven't actually fired it up yet, and I'm not going to until tonight. 

I read this right up at the top of the patch notes "NOTE:  The mouse cursor will only appear and function when the clipboard is active or when the radio bar is open."

I can definitely see this being a problem for me, as the mouse pointer is my gunsight! 

Will there be no way to use it as a gunsight anymore? This would be very bad news for me, and probably for many other folks using trackIR.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Possible minor issue regarding TrackIR and the new patch
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:52:31 AM »
Will there be no way to use it as a gunsight anymore? This would be very bad news for me, and probably for many other folks using trackIR.

Probably it won't come back.
But personally I don't see the direct connection with TrackIr. I'm a TrackIr user myself, and I never used the mouse pointer as a gunsight, as the pointer would always be fixed in the center of the screen, and not fixed to the firing axis, like a reflecting gunsight. So in the standard 6DOF mode of operation with it's free floating head, the pointer is useless as a sight anyway.  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:09:30 AM »
No because you could bind a button or key to look forward, which would force your view forward although you could still move your view around in the x, y, and z axes. But if you were looking forward you would shoot where your mouse pointer was, assuming you had already lined it up with the gunsight while looking forward in the default head position.

That really, really, really sucks.

A lot...

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »
No because you could bind a button or key to look forward, which would force your view forward although you could still move your view around in the x, y, and z axes. But if you were looking forward you would shoot where your mouse pointer was, assuming you had already lined it up with the gunsight while looking forward in the default head position.

That really, really, really sucks.

A lot...

I use trackIR as well. In my programable HOTAS I program the command to change position as a macro in the HOTAS. Then I can write compound commands to include and Track de-activate and a Center View all in one command. So as the Tank commander I can look around and find the enemy, swing the gun at him, then when I jumped to the Gun and it's instantly centered and in 'fixed' mode so I have no problems using the site. Try that instead of using the game mapping to pump positions. The game can't do compound commands, so you have go through the centering, turn off Tracker manually, and you'll be dead before you get the shot off. Hope that helps.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:48:51 AM »
That sounds like it would work very well for tanks, but my problem is with planes. Neat solution for the tanks though!