Author Topic: Track IR not functioning properly with new update  (Read 3382 times)

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
Re: Track IR not functioning properly with new update
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
I'm talking specifically about the x axis where you have to slide your head (or body) to the left or right to look around the seat. Before latest update I only had to turn my head a few degrees left or right ( 1 movement) for a perfect six o'clock view which matched my joystick view. Now it requires 2 movements, left to right and side to side. And I still can't match the view I had before the patch. I've also noticed a few other glitches after the patch. After turning my head, the view doesn't always go back to center. I'm sure these issues will be resolved shortly.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
I'm talking specifically about the x axis where you have to slide your head (or body) to the left or right to look around the seat. Before latest update I only had to turn my head a few degrees left or right ( 1 movement) for a perfect six o'clock view which matched my joystick view. Now it requires 2 movements, left to right and side to side. And I still can't match the view I had before the patch. I've also noticed a few other glitches after the patch. After turning my head, the view doesn't always go back to center. I'm sure these issues will be resolved shortly.

As far as I know, TrkIR only used the default views in the game, never used personal views
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 06:37:56 PM »
The TrackIR I bought a couple of months ago has gone back in it's box because I could never get the same rear views as with the hat switch, now reading this about it using your hps file and matching them, I beg HTC to somehow make this an option again!

I only fly the Hurri 2C in MA (unless eny prevents me), and there's no way I've found in hours of fiddling to get the same views as with the hat, can we get a petition together to have the option of TrackIR referencing the hps file?

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
I'm using the older TrackIR 3. I've refused to move to 6-axis vector view until this release of the game 2.24. I liked the 2-axis paning which inherited the stored view angles in your hps files. But, it seems to no longer be available. So... I downloaded 5.3 of the TrackIR software. Moved my camera back to 30-32 inches from my hat and put the 3-dot hat clip on.

I want to play the game more than I have any interest in not adapting to how it changes over the years. And Oh how Hitech and Pyro change it whether we like it or not.

Inside of the 5.3 GUI is an option called PANO. It gives you a spit cockpit to test your 6-axis view control in. I was surprised how well the old TrackIR3 worked with it. You will need to adjust the smoothing to max and set the type from 1:1 to Fast. So I went into the game and had to learn HowTo use 6-axis viewing.

1. I deleted all of my hps files from the AcesHigh\settings\planes directory. Save off a copy of them before deleting. The F10 saved views were conflicting with the smooth motion of my TrackIR axis. In some aircraft I had to hit Ctrl-F5 then raise the gunsight graticle a bit becausee the default head position is too low. Ta152 is really bad. F10 to save, then Ctrl-F1 to resume TrackIR.

2. If you created a (rear6-view) that you held down the Num-2 key, then pulled yourself forward to the instrament panel with an arrow key, sideways to the plexeglass with an arrow key, and up to clear the rear side stantions with a Page-up key, then F10'd to save it. In 6-axis TrackIR you lean forward, turn and lean your head to the canopy and then look back over your shoulder.

It is exactly like doing it strapped into a fighter cockpit. I remember because I lived in Luton England as a small boy and got a chance to sit in a spitfire cockpit in 1961 near Dunstable Downs southern Bedfordshire. They had to stack a few books on the seat to get my head up high enough. You don't just swivle your head around and "Not" look straight into the head rest. The Hurrican's cockpit is simply a bad design for rearward viewing. Thats why it had that big mirorr on top.

You need to get your camera far enough away from you that it slows down rather than exagerates your head and body motions. Then you need to practice a bit looking over your shoulder as if you were realy sitting in a small cramped cockpit. You cannot just turn your head to look back and down along the side of the deck. Yo have to lean your torso to help get your head around.

It's taken me 30minutes offline and a night of furballing to adjust to 6-axis TrackIR viewing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 11:49:10 PM »
Thanks for that bustr, I'll try removing my hps files (saving a copy) as I suspect that may be the issue i'm having.

I may have to remount the trackir camera also, as I think (as you've mentioned) I need to be further away from it.

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 01:57:28 PM »
anyone from HTC care to respond to this issue?

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 10:33:13 PM »
When I look behind me the view snaps back to forward view. I get to my 9 or 3 o'clock in view and it snaps back to the forward. I've updated monitor and graphics card drivers as well as track ir drivers. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled track ir. It begins as soon as I run into red planes. Not trying to be funny. I really start to have problems as soon as enemy planes show up with my 6 view. While in transit the view is fine and everything works in other games. I don't know what else to do about it. Going to get fraps so I can film it and send it to HTC as well as natural point next week if it isn't running right by then.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »
We been looking at it today, nothing was suppose to change with trackir. The only issue we saw was if you were 3 axis setup with view mode snap, it did not work and we have fixed.

Other then the initial problems with the settings file that people had to delete, was there any issues with the normal 6 axis pan mode?

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »
Other then the initial problems with the settings file that people had to delete, was there any issues with the normal 6 axis pan mode?

I use standard 6DOF pan (TrackIr 4) and have noticed no changes whatsoever. All fine on my side  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
I generally have seen no issues using the 6DOF setting.  I have noticed that when I pause my TIR that my view rolls 180 and then settles on the default front view.  I accidentally blocked my Pro Clip emitters last night while scratching my head, and the view rolled around as if I paused the TIR.

Perhaps that's what happens when you try to check your six - your TIR is losing view of your emitters/reflecters.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 04:25:01 PM »
I have an older IRTrk 3 that I continue to use out of the box and have not had to do anything ,   it works great still, with no issues.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
We been looking at it today, nothing was suppose to change with trackir. The only issue we saw was if you were 3 axis setup with view mode snap, it did not work and we have fixed.

HiTech

I don't mean to sound dense here but, is this the mode that would reference your saved head positions in the (hps) files as you looked to your rear?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 10:24:09 PM »
I don't use snap mode I use pan with all axis enabled. It goes
To the forward view when I check six. Emitter is centered
On my head as well. I set it in tracking view on the profile so
It is aimed where it needs to be. I also updated my video card
driver to see if this was the problem as well. Still goes to forward
view when not wanted.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »
Using a TIR 3 with the hat clips.

No issues on my end....

I always thought that you could not have different HPS with TIR.....?

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »
6 degrees of freedom works fine, that never was the problem with me.  The problem is that I used 3 axis set up and trackIR would use my snap views where as now it will not.  Something in the code was changed that has effected this, I have tried all suggested fixes and nothing works, my choice now is TrackIR using 6dof, or snap views with TIR paused.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot