Author Topic: Tabbing out problem  (Read 257 times)

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
Tabbing out problem
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:59:12 PM »
Every other time I try to alt-tab out or windows key to put on music or ect. during climbout,
AH blinks off for a sec., then comes back up with the cursor locked and my regular Windows cursor on the screen, and the keyboard is frozen (cant use autoclimb or text) for about 5 minutes. This is happening about half the time, the other half it works normally.
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
Re: Tabbing out problem
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »
This has happened to me before as well. The solution (for me) is bizarre. If you repeatedly press alt + tab, alt + tab, alt +tab, AH will eventually minimize. Once you maximize it again, your mouse and keyboard should work normally.
Dedstick

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:27:15 AM »
I tried the repeating alt-tab alt-tab thing, still didn't work most of the time, tonight I logged in, then clicked "Web Page Help", AH blinked for a sec, then same thing happened, regular desktop cursor appeared on screen, and the AH cursor was frozen in place, all keyboard keys frozen.  :uhoh   It's the worst bug I have ever experienced!  :furious
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:24:23 AM »
What specs does your system run?  This sounds like a low resources problem rather than a bug with AH
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 09:16:14 AM »
It has happened to me as well.

My solution:  move the invisible mouse to the taskbar area, and left-click on where you think AH or another program is listed.  It will either resume AH or switch windows to the other program you clicked on.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."