Author Topic: Top Shot Finale - Spoiler Alert  (Read 300 times)

Offline Stoliman

• Copper Member
Top Shot Finale - Spoiler Alert
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »
Well.....who thinks that George tanked the shot at 25ft?  Or did he just yak it?  Arrogant so-and-so that he is, I tend to think the latter.  It is all well and good to try and compete with someone on a level playing field, but....it IS a competition, and he could have taken Chris out.
Tour 74-122:  Stoliman
Tour 123 - now:  Deke

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Re: Top Shot Finale - Spoiler Alert
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »
I can't comment until you define Tank and Yak.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »
I believe that he blew the pistol shot on purpose, if you watched the follow up show, he tried to hint that he might have blown the Sharps rifle shot on purpose too.  That I don't believe.  

I think he was pretty much a cocky fool who thought he could give away the point on the pistol and still pull it out with the Sharps rifle.  As it turned out, if he hadn't muffed the pistol shot on purpose, they still would have been tied and probably gone to some kind of sudden death.  So the outcome is still uncertain, which is why I think that the guy who ended up winning it all deserved it.

I also think that Brian Zins (sp?) was too overconfident going into the final round.  

I like that the modest guy (Chris), who was more of an all around shooter, ended up winning in the end over the cocky guys.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »
I've seen parts but usually don't watch soap operas.

History channel has gone the way of MTV
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 02:58:47 PM »
In the follow up show after the competition he all but flat out admitted he threw the shot to give Chris another chance. I thought it was a gracious act personally. It looked like all 3 were just about at the same level of ability other than Gunny choking on the .22 rifle, twice now.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »
I personally think he gave the shot up because he wasnt going to use it for a real reason. Chris needed this money to put his kids through college.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:11:37 PM »
Top Shot is one of the few TV shows I watch.

I was hoping the rescue swimmer guy was going to win, they really tried hard to get him out of the competition.

I think George blew the pistol shot on on purpose to keep Chris alive for one more shot. I think he honestly thought he was going to win, but choked on the Sharps shot.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:16 PM »
I think George blew the pistol shot on on purpose to keep Chris alive for one more shot. I think he honestly thought he was going to win, but choked on the Sharps shot.

I agree

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 03:34:11 PM »
i severely dislike that show. they took the perfectly fun sport of exhibition shooting and turned it into a soap opera/reality show.

having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 03:37:58 PM »
i severely dislike that show. they took the perfectly fun sport of exhibition shooting and turned it into a soap opera/reality show.

The shooting is still the bulk of the show.  The small amount of drama they try to drum up, fortunately, is just a minor sideshow.

That might change though if they ever find a woman that can survive past the first few rounds.  God help us.   :devil

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder