Author Topic: TOD Mission 8  (Read 368 times)

Rojo

TOD Mission 8
« on: February 17, 2000, 09:22:00 AM »
Gents: Sorry for the late notice. I meant to get out an e-mail last night, but got side-tracked with family duties (kids! What was I thinking!).  The mission for tonight will be run from Bishopland, and will be a simple defensive fighter sweep of the forward fields. Mission start is at 9:30 PM EST; try and be there 15 minutes early, please. After the attrition you have experienced, I thought it would be nice to give you a milk-run (more or less).  So this is a good one to catch if you're shooting to make the five-mission target.  JARBO will be CM for tonight, so contact him on Channel 125 upon entering the arena, and after selecting Bishops and going to the main airfield.

By the way, Wabbit is still high-scoring TOD pilot, with four kills. He is also one of ony two pilots so far to reach the requesit five missions to receive a ribbon, the other being Stingray.

Finally, I'm trying to decide if we should cut the TOD to 10 missions, instead of the originally planned 12.  Tonight's participation will help me determine if we have enough active pilots still interested to push it to 12. If you have an opinion either way, let me know.  Thanks.

Sabre (a.k.a. Rojo)
TOD Minister of War

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
TOD Mission 8
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2000, 12:26:00 PM »
Have I been rescued from the POW camp yet?  

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Rojo

TOD Mission 8
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2000, 02:08:00 PM »
Sorry dude; I think you were killed trying to escape...dressed as a cleaning lady, I do believe  .

Sabre

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
TOD Mission 8
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2000, 05:45:00 PM »
Damn!

I would've made it otherwise, but it was so damn difficult to run wearing a dress!  
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

SC-GManMP

TOD Mission 8
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2000, 07:44:00 PM »
The only reason you got caught was that your pumps clashed with the apron...

I'll be there tonight, i don't know who else from the SC will be there though.. GBeard is on vacation.

------------------
Garrett "SC-GManMP" Pella
Skeleton Crew, "E" Flight

[This message has been edited by SC-GManMP (edited 02-17-2000).]

Offline Gator

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dragon-isle.net/kwilhite/keith.html
TOD Mission 8
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2000, 10:04:00 PM »
Was gonna show up to offer to be OpFor, but my network connections are really bad tonight.  

It's even worse to iEN, tho, plus packet loss connecting to them.  Tried some DoA earlier in the evening, yellow and red beacons.