Author Topic: Skuzzy: Seeing skins offline? You mentioned a file...  (Read 477 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Skuzzy: Seeing skins offline? You mentioned a file...
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »
Skuzzy, you mentioned in another thread once that even if you download the skins .res files, you need to log in to the online server for the game to download a file that tells it which skins are available.

This index, this menu, key, whatever you want to call it (let's use "index") can only be downloaded from online, right?

Where is this file located? I'm trading e-mails with somebody who may or may not have a subscription so I don't know if they can go online to get this or not. Is it possible for me to zip my "index" file and send it to somebody else, have them put it in place and then see the skins offline?

This person is able to see a custom skin in the skin viewer but not in the offline arena. Their skins drop-menu is blank and not showing up. They have an object.txt file and the skin displays properly in the skin viewer. It looks (at least to me based on screenshots) like it should be working.

Only thing I can think of is this index file is missing. Would that affect offline custom skins?