Author Topic: GVS SHIFTING GEARS  (Read 960 times)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Re: GVS SHIFTING GEARS
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
What could cause this is if your rudder is out of calibration.  Steering input while stopped will cause it to go into a creep mode where it stays in first gear.  Try recalibrating your rudder or if it happens often you may need to increase your rudder deadband.

I didn't think about that. Even though I was using the new WASD keyboard controls for GV's, my joystick rudder could be spiking therefore causing that? I'll test that out in a little bit, although it's worth noting i've never had rudder spiking issues while I'm in an airplane. Thanks pyro!

-edit- You were correct Pyro, I un-mapped the rudder axis on my joystick for GV mode and it now functions correctly. You're the best! -/edit-
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:58:35 AM by Estes »

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
Re: GVS SHIFTING GEARS
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 08:44:47 AM »
What could cause this is if your rudder is out of calibration.  Steering input while stopped will cause it to go into a creep mode where it stays in first gear.  Try recalibrating your rudder or if it happens often you may need to increase your rudder deadband.

This makes sense as I am having the same problem exiting the vh, 1st gear only.  It starts changing gears when I slew the tank with the rudder control. Thanks Pyro.
Ground Pounders ...