Author Topic: No more spawn camping?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: No more spawn camping?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 11:33:59 AM »
Yep, so leave it alone.

The changes wished for will only make it more of a fight, and more fun in my opinion, and less of a "let's get 10 of our friends and go execute the same 2 or 3 uppers over and over until they quit upping" like it often is now. Guys rack up 20+ kills because they roll a Tiger to a known hiding spot and just slaughter the tanks that magically appear in almost the same spot over and over and over and over and over and over............

It's not a GV fight when you're towered before your graphics card is even able to render the terrain, much less the enemies..... which have already killed you by the time you even see a glimpse of them, much less been able to react.

Admit it..... the way it is now is nothing more than an easy mode feeding frenzy for a lot of guys.....
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »

The changes wished for will only make it more of a fight, and more fun in my opinion, and less of a "let's get 10 of our friends and go execute the same 2 or 3 uppers over and over until they quit upping" like it often is now. Guys rack up 20+ kills because they roll a Tiger to a known hiding spot and just slaughter the tanks that magically appear in almost the same spot over and over and over and over and over and over............

It's not a GV fight when you're towered before your graphics card is even able to render the terrain, much less the enemies..... which have already killed you by the time you even see a glimpse of them, much less been able to react.

Admit it..... the way it is now is nothing more than an easy mode feeding frenzy for a lot of guys.....

I couldn't agree more, it isnt fun for both sides when one is completely dominating the others.
Strokes

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »

I do like taking a base from those guys who roll out to spawn camp which leaves them a very long drive to land thier spawn camped kills.

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »
I couldn't agree more, it isnt fun for both sides when one is completely dominating the others.
So the knits and bish are actually going to start fighting each other?

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 11:53:45 AM »

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!

Folks, it's time to award the cash prize for the "stupid comment of the day" award!!

:rofl
Floyd

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »
It is my understanding of the update note that they only added
an option that allows the host (thinking server admin) to control
the randomness of vehicle spawns. I doubt this is correct.

Your understanding is correct, and the setting is the same as before.

HiTech

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »

Right after the Knits and Rooks start theirs.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 02:48:16 PM »
Right after the Knits and Rooks start theirs.

Fred

Well until you Bish and Rooks start fighting each other, we're not fighting either of you.

"Aces High takes the art and science of flying WW2-era aircraft and sets it in a high intensity online multiplayer environment.  Hundreds of players simultaneously patrol over friendly skies, just waiting to battle it out against each other in massive aerial dogfights and bomber raids that aren't going to take place until those "other guys" promise to not gang us and fight each other, too. 

High fidelity flight simulation is the heart of Aces High but it doesn't end there.  The peace rages on the ground and at sea.  Think about engaging enemy armor in tank combat.  Practice to protect your fleet as a gunner or imagine making a torpedo run in a PT boat.  Threaten to lead an assault in an amphibious vehicle.  With over 100 warbirds, vehicles, and boats available, you have access to a vast virtual arsenal.

On Channel 200 and the Aces High BBS, the battle rages 24 hours a day with participants from around the world.  Take our free two week trial and find out why Aces High is the online game for you."

Ummmm...... HiTech won't make much money off this one!

:rofl
Floyd

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »

I have heard of folks filming a portion of their battle and going to the film viewer to find the hiding spot of their enemy and then returning to the game to hunt that location with the information gained from that film.  Now, THAT is gamey.

Not really. No difference then sending a recon plane to take pictures IRL so as to see the enemies positions prior to an attack.
What you describe is probably the least gamey thing
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »
I've said it before. I'll say it again.

GVing is all about spawn camping.

Mutual spawn camping makes it even more popular, IE V85-V88.

wrongway

Now THAT is gamey. May be fun for some. But I consider it to be the most mindless and worst aspect and activity in the game. And its the last thing GVing should be about if your even remotely trying to simulate any kind of combat experience.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 08:39:32 PM »
That's fun sometimes, unless one side has the other spawn heavily camped then it's just a massacre. The most fun for me is a GV battle between 2 V-bases that are close together, each side meeting somewhere between, but not able to get too close to the opposing V-base (unless they love getting tagged by 17lbers).... not much camping, just fighting from one safe spot to the next...

And this is what GVing should be about.
Not whack a mole
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

WINNAR!
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 08:42:44 PM »
Your understanding is correct, and the setting is the same as before.

HiTech

Thank you for the clarification
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
And this is what GVing should be about.
Not whack a mole

Except for the part where you missed out - normally someone ups a tank and killed by another tank, generally whines the "GV controls" are messed up and comes back with a fully loaded A-20 to bomb****, thus scrambling fighters from the opposite side who brings bombs for retaliation.

this is what Aces high GV'ing is about, and I wish all those who bomb**** would roll their tank on a sheep.
JG 52

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 09:04:27 PM »
Now THAT is gamey. May be fun for some. But I consider it to be the most mindless and worst aspect and activity in the game. And its the last thing GVing should be about if your even remotely trying to simulate any kind of combat experience.
ahem, technically it could be called "waiting in ambush"...germany, russia, britain and the u.s. did it during the war, with tanks as well as artillery...fairly realistic tactic considering the context. just sucks when you don't have a full company of tanks to help take out the campers.

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett