Author Topic: Vent bomb**** free arena  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Vent bomber free arena
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »
Trinity tank town blows......spawns are 100 miles apart and you need to drive for 30 minutes to land. It is not egg free either, just less.

Luckily airplanes never have to take time to get to a target right!?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
Hate to drop the bomb on your post but you fail to recognize that our world is dominated by MARKETING and the almighty dollar and not what one person or one CEO thinks.  It's all about money and market share...and more importaintly--WHAT THE CONSUMER WANTS.  (Hear the alarm clock going off?)

The OP has already stated he went to another game that was all tanks and was unhappy with the quality of the game.  How hard is it to understand that there is a CASH paying population out there (besides AH subscribers) willing to pay for a better game they ARE happy with.  It's called consolidating market share.  If there's a worldwide consumer interest in an all-gv arena with greater opportunity for gv strategy (in numbers or in small squad tactics) who enjoy gv-only arena.  How does HTC win that share?  By doing it better than anyone else on the internet--and it sounds like they already have (sans an all-gv arena to date).  What skin is that off HTC's nose to offer an all gv arena if there's legitimate worldwide paying subscriber market share to be had?  Money talks.

Air Warrior was awesome in the fact they had like 9 Relaxed realism Europe Arenas and 9 Relaxed realism Pacific Arenas, beginner arenas and then "Full realism" areans.  They didn't give a chunky pile what arena someone played in or if they played "all together"...they cared about that monthy subscription payment clearing every month...and not much else. AW DIED because they were happy to turn it into a cash cow, not develop the game further (R&D--the graphics were rudamentary at best for the time) and other mis-management.

If a company refuses to give the consumer what they want the consumer will continue looking for what they want weather box game or live.  Garnering another subscription paying segment of the gaming community would be another feather in HTC's cap..not a burden.  Just ask Dale if another 300-400 year-in/year-out subs wouldn't be welcomed if they could play in their own sandbox.

Just as you enjoy being the Walter Mitty WWII fighter pilot, there are plenty of people out there who want the be the Patton, Rommel, Montgomery, Walter Mitty.

Just because YOU don't want it doesn't mean that THEY dont.

AHHHHHHH silly boy, you forget the other side of the coin. What about all the people that enjoy bombing GV's? What are they to do if HTC were to open a GV only arena? My guess is that they would take their money and leave!

The problem with a lot of these requests is people don't look at the whole picture. They look at only what is relevant to them. You to have fallen into the same boat. That's what Hitech means when he says stuff about people requesting what they REALLY want, because he knows they are only looking at one side. He's no fool and and has proven this time and time again. Most of his changes have been met with up roars and complaints with threats to cancel subscriptions. Instead of knuckling under to the "knuckle heads" his company has continued to move along even in an economy that stinks to high heaven.

The customer very rarely knows what he wants, but he always "thinks" he does.

As for AW, I don't remember 9 arenas for each. The only times they have multiple arenas was for AWI when the server couldn't handle many people. You would spend half the night in the AOL chat rooms trying to get into an opening in an arena. It was a hardware issue, not a "give them what they want issue.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:13:20 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 12:25:07 AM »
Understand the frustration, there's a couple things to try.  First off there's a GV area in the dueling arena, I'm not sure how much use it sees but if you may be able to get a few friends in there for some uninterrupted GV fights.  Alternatively if there are attack craft patrolling the skies over the GV fight in the MA, put a call out on country channel that sounds like a target rich environment to this fighter pilot. :)

^^^^^^     :x

I'd be more than happy to come cut a swath through them with a K4  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline niccxx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 01:10:35 AM »
Just position some of the tank bases on the edges of the maps. The farther away an airfield, the fewer the bombers. There will still be a few players who don't mind flying ten minutes to bomb a tank, but fuel and ordinance loadout will reduce the recovery time.
Hey Ridley. You got any Beemans?
I might have a stick.
Well lone some will ya, I'll pay you back later.
Fair enough.
I think I see a plane over here with my name on it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 06:24:03 AM »
Not sure why WOT was not liked.... sounds right up the OP's alley.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 07:23:51 AM »
i never was  to keen on GV's now they are a lot more fun :aok
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 07:37:17 AM »
I'm confused. It's ok for a tank to get killed by another tank but not by a jabo fighter or buff? Dead is dead  :devil

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »
Well Vent I dont want you to take your bombing personal. Bombing GVs will become even more commonplace since the new GV settings took effect. My personal strategy has always been to locate the GV fight and bomb the spawn campers to lure the campers back to the spawn in a JABO to return the favor. Its at this time when I'm waiting at the mouth of the 135 canyon to pounce on them. Nothing personal its just how I roll. It usually leads to some interesting furballs over the GV battle.

EZRHINO

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 08:52:04 AM »
oh boy!! another facebooker to play farmville with :D

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
Luckily airplanes never have to take time to get to a target right!?

An airplane isnt going to fly for 30 minutes only to have an egg dropped on it without even firing a shot.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »
An airplane isnt going to fly for 30 minutes only to have an egg dropped on it without even firing a shot.

Hrm...

I fly my B25s for 20 minutes only to get killed before dropping a bomb. Maybe we can have a bombing only arena too?  :rolleyes:
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »
i guess you've never flown bombers for over an hour only to get shot down by a high alt lone buff hunter just before you get to the target...if you're driving around in a tank for 30 minutes without ever firing a shot, you're not in a tank battle, you're just putzing around.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 10:19:48 AM »

AHHHHHHH silly boy, you forget the other side of the coin. What about all the people that enjoy bombing GV's? What are they to do if HTC were to open a GV only arena? My guess is that they would take their money and leave!

The problem with a lot of these requests is people don't look at the whole picture. They look at only what is relevant to them. You to have fallen into the same boat. That's what Hitech means when he says stuff about people requesting what they REALLY want, because he knows they are only looking at one side. He's no fool and and has proven this time and time again. Most of his changes have been met with up roars and complaints with threats to cancel subscriptions. Instead of knuckling under to the "knuckle heads" his company has continued to move along even in an economy that stinks to high heaven.

The customer very rarely knows what he wants, but he always "thinks" he does.

As for AW, I don't remember 9 arenas for each. The only times they have multiple arenas was for AWI when the server couldn't handle many people. You would spend half the night in the AOL chat rooms trying to get into an opening in an arena. It was a hardware issue, not a "give them what they want issue.

Two words: MARKET RESEARCH

HTC would have to have it done but I'd like to see the results before "assuming" potential profit away.

My best guess is you aren't in marketing are you?

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »

Two words: MARKET RESEARCH

HTC would have to have it done but I'd like to see the results before "assuming" potential profit away.

My best guess is you aren't in marketing are you?

I think HTC's marketing research comes from 12 years of running this game and many years of similar experience before that.  I don't want this to come off as ankle-humping (because there are things about this game I disagree with HTC about) but I pretty well trust what decisions he makes for his game. 

That being said, we don't know if he has ever done a market research study (I suppose you could count the polls).  Anyway, he would never let us see the results of the study anyway.  So here are our two options; 1) HTC doesn't run these studies and he's been able to run a successful business for 12 years or 2) HTC does run these studies and he's been able to run a successful business for 12 years.

LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »
Hrm...

I fly my B25s for 20 minutes only to get killed before dropping a bomb. Maybe we can have a bombing only arena too?  :rolleyes:
For the record, I'm not in favor of a gv only arena. Where you got that from I can only guess. I just like fast action. If I have only an hour to play sometimes, I dont like spending half of it driving. I suppose someone else wanting to have fun in a way that is different from your own is a yank to your whitey tighties. If there was a good gv spot like we have at 135 on all bases that didnt interfere with the land grabbers we would have a lot more tank guys playing. As of late, Ive logged in for only 45 minutes or so only to become bored and log. What bothers me the most is that a large percentage of the concerns and opinions are comming from people I rarely see in a gv. If you rarely gv then why should it matter to you. Thats not the case here.