Author Topic: Vent bomb**** free arena  (Read 2113 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Vent bomber free arena
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »
sorry your 2 weeks expired
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 02:33:21 PM »
Rather than simply dismiss the guy, I bet there would be plenty of paying players interested in a gv-only arena with individual scoring/stats.  What could it hurt to have one single "Late War" style arena with all war gv's and all v-bases only (takeable of course, just like other arenas). 

Think of the possibilities!  Around the edges, daisy-chained v-bases with multiple spawns and mountainous terrain, favoring both small and large-scale gv battles.  In the center, wide open flat to gently rolling terrain favoring large scale "Kursk" style battles as well as a LARGE 3 way split city (similar to the old tank-town maps with the old city with streets and buildings) that favor urban style (Stalingrad) style battles.

Why not?  It would be a gv'er's paradise.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
Rather than simply dismiss the guy,

he dismissed himself, he quit!
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 02:51:05 PM »
zippo, people hit tanks with airplanes because it is fun to do so.  It has nothing to do with trying to ruin somebody else's fun anymore than shooting down a fighter is about ruining that player's fun.  Don't personalize so much.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 03:00:10 PM »
As a guy who has been shot down by a sherman many times, all I can say is, you'll find no pity here.

~AoM~

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 03:15:04 PM »
let us know what your new game ID is when you renew your subscription so we can fly over and bomb you :)

:rofl

zippo, people hit tanks with airplanes because it is fun to do so.  It has nothing to do with trying to ruin somebody else's fun anymore than shooting down a fighter is about ruining that player's fun.  Don't personalize so much.

Exactly.  If only GVers understood that.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »
Rather than simply dismiss the guy, I bet there would be plenty of paying players interested in a gv-only arena with individual scoring/stats.  What could it hurt to have one single "Late War" style arena with all war gv's and all v-bases only (takeable of course, just like other arenas). 

I agree with Rox.

- oldman (I know it's weird, but it's true!)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 03:56:10 PM »
He's a troll guys, likely an alt, he had plenty of constructive responces yet somehow ignored them and addressed only those that flamed him before throwing out more bait by crying and quiting the game.  Also it's a Friday, one of the notoriously less productive days of the week for us intardnet users.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 04:23:14 PM »

Think of the possibilities!  Around the edges, daisy-chained v-bases with multiple spawns and mountainous terrain, favoring both small and large-scale gv battles.  In the center, wide open flat to gently rolling terrain favoring large scale "Kursk" style battles as well as a LARGE 3 way split city (similar to the old tank-town maps with the old city with streets and buildings) that favor urban style (Stalingrad) style battles.

Why not?  It would be a gv'er's paradise.

I think it's because HTC would rather see everyone together. One of the reasons GVs are in the game is so that they can be bombed. Wirbles are in the game to shoot down planes, osties to shoot down buffs.

Fighter who hates getting jumped, killed, ganged all the time learn to wing up with a wing man or two. GVers can do the same. When hunting for tanks bring along a guy that likes wirbles and let him have a field day grabbing scalps of those looking to bomb some GVs.

It's ALL part of the game.

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 04:39:33 PM »
First of all bombers only have a few things to destroy to contribute to the war, bombing you and your hangers and the town which ppl rarely take advantage of when a squad yells hangers and town ded (base#). I bet if bomber nuts like me had strats to bomb that would actually hurt the enemy say as respawn time for building or hangers or lag for radar, that you would get bombed less. all this game is furball there, furball here. no sense of a strategic way of bombing in here gets old after awhile. my .02$ good day and stop whining.

RedTail

RedTail

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
It's a two-way street.  Whos fault is it, those who bombed and destroyed the hangars for failing to coordinate and organize a town destroying and capturing element, or those who didn't start what they didn't finish?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 06:07:40 PM »
I think it's because HTC would rather see everyone together. One of the reasons GVs are in the game is so that they can be bombed. Wirbles are in the game to shoot down planes, osties to shoot down buffs.

Fighter who hates getting jumped, killed, ganged all the time learn to wing up with a wing man or two. GVers can do the same. When hunting for tanks bring along a guy that likes wirbles and let him have a field day grabbing scalps of those looking to bomb some GVs.

It's ALL part of the game.

Hate to drop the bomb on your post but you fail to recognize that our world is dominated by MARKETING and the almighty dollar and not what one person or one CEO thinks.  It's all about money and market share...and more importaintly--WHAT THE CONSUMER WANTS.  (Hear the alarm clock going off?)

The OP has already stated he went to another game that was all tanks and was unhappy with the quality of the game.  How hard is it to understand that there is a CASH paying population out there (besides AH subscribers) willing to pay for a better game they ARE happy with.  It's called consolidating market share.  If there's a worldwide consumer interest in an all-gv arena with greater opportunity for gv strategy (in numbers or in small squad tactics) who enjoy gv-only arena.  How does HTC win that share?  By doing it better than anyone else on the internet--and it sounds like they already have (sans an all-gv arena to date).  What skin is that off HTC's nose to offer an all gv arena if there's legitimate worldwide paying subscriber market share to be had?  Money talks.

Air Warrior was awesome in the fact they had like 9 Relaxed realism Europe Arenas and 9 Relaxed realism Pacific Arenas, beginner arenas and then "Full realism" areans.  They didn't give a chunky pile what arena someone played in or if they played "all together"...they cared about that monthy subscription payment clearing every month...and not much else. AW DIED because they were happy to turn it into a cash cow, not develop the game further (R&D--the graphics were rudamentary at best for the time) and other mis-management.

If a company refuses to give the consumer what they want the consumer will continue looking for what they want weather box game or live.  Garnering another subscription paying segment of the gaming community would be another feather in HTC's cap..not a burden.  Just ask Dale if another 300-400 year-in/year-out subs wouldn't be welcomed if they could play in their own sandbox.

Just as you enjoy being the Walter Mitty WWII fighter pilot, there are plenty of people out there who want the be the Patton, Rommel, Montgomery, Walter Mitty.

Just because YOU don't want it doesn't mean that THEY dont.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 06:09:54 PM by ROX »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 06:13:22 PM »
Hello Kitty Online Adventures

ack-ack

Hmmm. I sense an "operation meatpuppet" opportunity  :D
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 06:27:13 PM »
Hate to drop the bomb on your post but you fail to recognize that our world is dominated by MARKETING and the almighty dollar and not what one person or one CEO thinks.  It's all about money and market share...and more importaintly--WHAT THE CONSUMER WANTS.  (Hear the alarm clock going off?)

The OP has already stated he went to another game that was all tanks and was unhappy with the quality of the game.  How hard is it to understand that there is a CASH paying population out there (besides AH subscribers) willing to pay for a better game they ARE happy with.  It's called consolidating market share.  If there's a worldwide consumer interest in an all-gv arena with greater opportunity for gv strategy (in numbers or in small squad tactics) who enjoy gv-only arena.  How does HTC win that share?  By doing it better than anyone else on the internet--and it sounds like they already have (sans an all-gv arena to date).  What skin is that off HTC's nose to offer an all gv arena if there's legitimate worldwide paying subscriber market share to be had?  Money talks.

Air Warrior was awesome in the fact they had like 9 Relaxed realism Europe Arenas and 9 Relaxed realism Pacific Arenas, beginner arenas and then "Full realism" areans.  They didn't give a chunky pile what arena someone played in or if they played "all together"...they cared about that monthy subscription payment clearing every month...and not much else. AW DIED because they were happy to turn it into a cash cow, not develop the game further (R&D--the graphics were rudamentary at best for the time) and other mis-management.

If a company refuses to give the consumer what they want the consumer will continue looking for what they want weather box game or live.  Garnering another subscription paying segment of the gaming community would be another feather in HTC's cap..not a burden.  Just ask Dale if another 300-400 year-in/year-out subs wouldn't be welcomed if they could play in their own sandbox.

Just as you enjoy being the Walter Mitty WWII fighter pilot, there are plenty of people out there who want the be the Patton, Rommel, Montgomery, Walter Mitty.

Just because YOU don't want it doesn't mean that THEY dont.

In the many years I have played MMOs of varying types, I will say that players are most often wrong in their requests.  Players very frequently will suggest on demand game killing things because they think it would be fun and don't even try to spend the mental energy to predict the outcomes, good and bad, of their suggestion, nor to look at it from anybody else's perspective.  Only an idiot for a game dev would look at player suggestions with anything but caution.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »
There's a bomber-free area on Trinity, which goes unused--try and get your like-minded compatriots to fight there

Trinity tank town blows......spawns are 100 miles apart and you need to drive for 30 minutes to land. It is not egg free either, just less.