Author Topic: Is there something missing in your Aces High experience?  (Read 796 times)

Offline pappy08

• Zinc Member
Is there something missing in your Aces High experience?
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:55:52 AM »
Join The Old Breed Squad and find out. If you are a lone wolf or a member of a disfunctional squadron and want to experience REAL squadron life as it was in WWII, The Old Breed is the right choice.

***Realistic formation flying

***Proper radio procedures

***Well planned missions

***Training program for new fliers

***Promotions and awards based on performance

Everything we do is designed to give our members the feel of actually belonging to a real WWII squadron. It doesn't get any more realistic than this.

We are currently rebuilding this famous Aces High II squad. Check us out on Facebook by searching for "The Old Breed Squad" or email us at oldbreedsquad@aol.com

Squad night: Wednesdays at 8:00PM Eastern Time Zone

The Old Breed
Motto: "No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy"

Pappy08
Squadron C.O.
 :airplane:

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
Re: Is there something missing in your Aces High experience?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »
Punt for squad night. 

I'll try to get on tonight and see about a few sorties with y'all.  :salute

Offline pappy08

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:48:18 AM »
Sorry we missed you on Wednesday. Severe weather curtailed operations. We'll be on next Wednesday  and look forward to having you drop by and fly with us.

Pappy08
C.O.
The Old Breed

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun.  :salute
This is a test

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 01:24:10 AM »
I'm curious about the southern cross in your avatar, did the old breed have Australian content at some time?
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline pappy08

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »
Originally termed a battle blaze, the shoulder sleeve insignia of the 1st Marine Division was designed by Lt. Col Merrill Twining, Division D-3 in February 1943 while the division was stationed in Victoria, Australia. The blue diamond with the Southern Cross is similar to the Flag of Victoria. The red numeral one in the middle denotes the division's first action on Guadalcanal. A commercial firm in Melbourne first produced the shoulder patch with every Marine issued two of them that was sewn on his battle jacket.

Our squadron is dedicated to this Marine Division and we are proud to display their insignia on our aircraft and vehicles. Our original commander of The Old Breed was a scout sniper in the 1st Marine Division.

Pappy08
C.O.

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
Pappy it's good to see you still in the game sir.  I have fond memories of the original Old Breed crew back when I first started playing this game a few years ago.  If you still keep in touch with vodo (intentionally spelled that way) and Terror pass along my greetings to them sir.   :salute

Offline pappy08

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
Yes, those were some great days when we had 35 members in the squad. Vodoman hasn't been on since January. Terror must have joined another squad and changed his name. I haven't heard from him in about 3 months. I'm trying get more members to join our squad but, as you might guess, it isn't that easy. I'm trying to make the squad experience more realistic and enjoyable. If you are on Facebook, you may want to visit us there to see what I'm talking about. Just do a search for The Old Breed Squad and you find our Facebook page. We've been flying missions with the Dick Weed Heavy Bomber Group. They are a very serious squadron using large bomber formations and long distance flying. Let me know if you know anybody looking to join a squadron.

Great hearing from and I look forward seeing you online.

Pappy08
C.O.
Old Breed Squad