Author Topic: Pov is failing  (Read 370 times)

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Pov is failing
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:49:39 PM »
hi, im dealing with a terrible problem on my joystick
when i pull the stick to the left the left, front left and back left POV buttons dont work, and sometimes even when the stick is on the center.
this is making me lose sigth of every enemy since i just cant look at anything on my left side.
does anyone know how to fix this? this stick just started with this yesterday but today it is definitive, i cant look left when turning.
anyone guess what the problem is? any sugestions? gah if i need another stick it will be the third one... soon ill have a whole room filled with broken sticks...
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pov is failing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think I know the answer.

You are not getting enough power into your joystick through the usb port you are using. If you are using the front USB ports on your PC, try changing to the back USB ports. On some older computer the front ports are USB1 and the back are USB2 I have been told.

If that does not work, you need to get yourself an external powered USB hub. This should solve your problem.

If that does not work, you need a new joystick, or to fix your current one.
Good luck!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
argh i will need the power hub.
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »
i made a temporary and good fix so far.
my joystick has 4 buttons that are positioned like a cross but it was impossible to keep cycling them because of the uncorfotable design since they were not made to be POVs, so i got a lil piece of paper and some tapes and voila! lol
it is still uncorfotable but i can look left!
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 11:20:39 PM »
What joystick? It's possible it's a pinched wire problem. Some sticks are notorious for terrible quality. I opened up my Wingman once and found the rudder "pot" was half snapped off because it was cheap plastic. I re-seated it and it worked. Before that I could only turn half-way to one side, and this was FROM the factory! Also the wires running from the hat and trigger down to the stick were almost mangled, cut nearly in half and pinched by a screw. I repositioned them and the problems I had with the buttons went away.

Some sticks are just garbarge. It really depends on what you have.