Author Topic: new patch issues...  (Read 402 times)

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
new patch issues...
« on: May 23, 2011, 06:36:58 AM »
I'm running an Asus Republic of Gamers laptop with a 460 GTX video card. 

Link to the machine; it's still at factory spec:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220995

With the last patch, I have repeated sound and screen freezes.  Often, I'll lose joystick control until I unplug and reset the USB connection (CH Products Fighterstick Pro/Throttle with Saitek rudder pedals).

There were no issues with the last patch; this one makes the game virtually unplayable.

Thanks!

War
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: new patch issues...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:48:24 AM »
It is not a bug - You need Technical Support.

Sorry to hear your AH is playing up - Unless some-one can help identify what is causing you problem I would think about a new clean re-install. It might be quicker! I would also be looking at the controllers to make sure they are absolutely fine in Windows before putting the game back on.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:14:53 PM »
Almost sounds like your power supply is going south.  Not surprisingly as power supplies are REALLY lacking quality these days.

Sound issues, video issues, USB issues... all are related to the power supply.

I think the fact that it occured with the latest patch is coincidental.

*NOTE:  I just noticed that you're talking about a laptop here.  I'd be tempted to try a POWERED USB Hub and see if it helps.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:08:47 PM by Tigger29 »

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
I'm currently using a powered usb hub/laptop cooler....

I'll get everything transferred to my desktop and see if I have the same issues.  I has an older GTX 295 video card, and a realtek onboard sound card on a gigabyte board.  It's a monster, with an engineering-spec i7 950 overclocked and watercooled, 12 gig of DDR3 memory and 2 TB of fast Barracudas in Raid10.

Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline ezglider

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 10:07:11 PM »
I'm having sound issues with this new patch as well.  I have run an i7 quad core overclocked to 4.0 gig with Win7 for 2 years now and not one problem until this new patch.  My vox and range radios go dead about every 5 minutes and I have to do a .resetv to get them back on but 5 minutes later they are dead again.  It's very annoying to me and my squadmates.  Any thoughts?   :headscratch:
DHBG Mud Mover