Author Topic: I tried but I'm not liking the new GV thing much  (Read 528 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
I tried but I'm not liking the new GV thing much
« on: May 22, 2011, 01:24:30 AM »
I really did try to give it a chance and still am but I have to say I'm extreemely dissapointed.  As a couple of for instances:

Last night I was climbing a hill.  The GV never geared down.  I had to hit the slow down key to get it to downshift and kept losing all my momentum.  Clearly it doesn't work as advertised.

Last night I was cruising through town.  I had to keep slowing down to take corners, otherwise I'd have to stop and back up see-sawing to get around them.  I never had to do that in the past.

Tonight I took off from a hanger and my GV wouldn't go more that 3 mph.  I finally figured out that the W key doesn't work if the clipboard is up.  I ALWAYS play with my clipboard up so I can keep an eye on the map.  Now when I launch to a spawn I'm not even sure which direction I need to go until I get moving.

I really did try but this is a load of crap.  One more aspect of the game lost for me and it was actually where I spent most of my time.

So lets see, HT ruined the strats and took away bombing, I got bored with attack and now they ruined GVing.  I hate to see what they have planned for fighters.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: I tried but I'm not liking the new GV thing much
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 02:00:53 AM »
Ive not had a chance to use the new GV sytem much. But it's something new and something that im sure there going to try and correct. i like the idea of making them more true to life but like all good things it needs to be tweeked.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:52:43 AM »
I have no doubt they'll respond to valid problems with the system - it's good that you have specific examples.   Might be worth posting in the bug forum.

I hope a revamp of strat is coming up.  I'd like to see maps with trains running all over the map, not just 100s of miles deep into enemy territory.  Loco busting was a favorite of mine.

I'd also like to see zone-based ENY implemented.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »
Locked for OP rule 4