Author Topic: Questions Regarding Re-modelling AH GV's/Aircraft-  (Read 479 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Questions Regarding Re-modelling AH GV's/Aircraft-
« on: May 17, 2011, 10:17:15 AM »
First, if the word came down from HTC to re-model the Panzer IV H, just how much time would it take in man-hours to start from scratch?

Second, for the newly remodeled gv/aircraft in AH (zekes, Panther, F6F, Tyhoon, etc), just how many han hours go into making the new skins???

Im just curious.  I know how much time it took me to simply begin when looking at the old M3, I can only imagine how long it takes from start to finish. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Questions Regarding Re-modelling AH GV's/Aircraft-
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 11:06:22 AM »
I'd imagine the Panzer IV H would take less man hours than most other GVs since HTC could borrow most of the 3D shape of the hull from the Wirblewind.

It typically takes me about 3-4 weeks to do a skin for HTC, longest was 6 weeks. Some skins are more complex than others and occasionally some reskinning is needed where a bug in the 3D shape has been corrected.

I've never worked out what that is in man hours. I do most of my skinning for an hour or two each morning before anyone else gets up. Its quiet then and my brain seems to work a lot better then than in the evening. Sometimes I'll spend a day off doing it too.