Author Topic: F3 view and the il2  (Read 5882 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: F3 view and the il2
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2011, 11:33:31 AM »
Yes...

:headscratch:

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »
Is it me or has the IL-2s handling changes? it is so sluggish now that I thought something was wrong with my joy stick.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2011, 12:17:53 PM »
Yes...

:headscratch:

then i guess what i'm saying is theres no use for F3 for attack mode planes, glad they removed it  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2011, 12:25:39 PM »
It was more a description than a definition. Say what you will about most planes and the blurred lines, but there was a sharp dichotomy in the war between bombers and fighters. They really stood apart. The IL2 just didn't stand with the other bombers, IMO, with how it was regarded.

P.S. I was trying to say I think ORIGINALLY it only was a bomber in AH because ... etc... That never panned out, so there's not much loss in changing that option.

Why 10 years to make the change though?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »

Because it has recently come to the attention of the players that this was being exploited in the Il-2 [Ghi]. Many were surprised this was possible, and when they found out they thought it was 'gamey' and explained what they felt was 'fake' ability by an historically relevant plane, and they wanted it corrected.

I've been playing for 2 years now, and first heard about F3 in IL-2s two months ago on the boards. I am very happy that it's gone.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »

Took them over 5 years just to up the bf109 20mm ammo limit despite many cries, many fans, many historical documents showing it was used..... Sometimes HTC is just plain ol'e SLOW!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2011, 12:47:16 PM »
Because it has recently come to the attention of the players that this was being exploited in the Il-2 [Ghi]. Many were surprised this was possible, and when they found out they thought it was 'gamey' and explained what they felt was 'fake' ability by an historically relevant plane, and they wanted it corrected.

I've been playing for 2 years now, and first heard about F3 in IL-2s two months ago on the boards. I am very happy that it's gone.

I was referring to the IL2 changing from a bomber to a fighter/attacker.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
I was referring to the IL2 changing from a bomber to a fighter/attacker.

Oh...that's very different. Nevermind  :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2011, 07:05:17 PM »
It was more a description than a definition. Say what you will about most planes and the blurred lines, but there was a sharp dichotomy in the war between bombers and fighters. They really stood apart. The IL2 just didn't stand with the other bombers, IMO, with how it was regarded.
Horse hockey.  You are thinking only in terms of US-type strategic bombing doctrine, which is not the end-all of what defines a "bomber."  For instance, nearly every German bomber was designed for close-support of the ground forces.  During the Battle of Britain they were pressed into a strategic bombing role, for which they were ill suited.  The IL-2 was purpose built in the same vein as the German bombers, for close support of ground forces, targeting ground targets.  This is a BOMBER's role, plain and simple.

By your defiition, if the IL-2 is really a fighter, then the Stuka and JU-88 were really fighters as well.  To make that claim is utter nonsense.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2011, 09:25:34 PM »
Is it me or has the IL-2s handling changes? it is so sluggish now that I thought something was wrong with my joy stick.

Nah, you're just seeing it from a different perspective; inside the cockpit rather than the F3 view.
I have to admit though, I find it interesting that a single guy, Ghi, is the reason for the change.
Next in line for the F3 chopping block; the A20

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2011, 10:00:46 PM »
Nah, you're just seeing it from a different perspective; inside the cockpit rather than the F3 view.
I have to admit though, I find it interesting that a single guy, Ghi, is the reason for the change.

We gonna need bigger  fighter hangers  :D

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »
just disable using guns/bombs in F3 mode, when you press your gun or bomb keys it puts you back into F1 View (cockpit view)
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »

I seriously doubt the change is attributed to GHI alone, I think HTC has more sense than that.

I would say they've been thinkin about it for a while now

I would say the folks at HTC have a bit of "purist" in them and the F3 thingy probably hasn't sat well with them from the beginning, at least that is my opinion :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2011, 11:30:39 PM »
I would say the folks at HTC have a bit of "purist" in them and the F3 thingy probably hasn't sat well with them from the beginning, at least that is my opinion

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2011, 11:37:40 PM »

C-47

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay