Author Topic: F3 view and the il2  (Read 5886 times)

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
Re: F3 view and the il2
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
perhaps you should look at the gv/plane kill ratio and see which one drop.  I dont think many people used the il2 to furball, except for ghi.  but I did notice this tour and last tour havent had many gv battles and this is mostly due to not many people upping gv's due to the new change.  less gv's, less il2 kills.

not saying your f3 theory is wrong, but they're other things you have to consider.

semp

edit : just checked the stats, gv kills are way down as compared to last month.  so less gvs then less il2 kills.

It 'may be' due to less GV's,  but the Il2 definitely has poor views interior to spot GV's.  It has good guns, but poor views.   Oh and the same thing when furballing.   Haven't seen GHI land any kills when we attack any base because there is no F3 mode to compensate for the poor 6 views.  Thank you HTC for making that plane realistic (with it's handicap).
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »
I miss the F3 view in the Il2. Say what you like, but I did have good fun furballing in it and the massive amount of solid armor in the cockpit makes that pretty hard now. I still try, but meh. I'll agree that being able to shoot from F3 mode was a bit much; I always hopped back into F1 for that. I'd rather they had disabled guns when in external view than remove the view, but that's just the opinion of one or two guys against the horde.

Well,  the Il-2 was designed to be a ground-attack aircraft and I applaud HTC for putting it in it's proper place (by getting rid of F3 mode).    It's quite gamey after the base attackers destroy fighter hangars and then have to contend with hordes of Il-2s flying around in F3 mode to defend a base,  kill attackers, locate a goon and destroy.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »
It's quite gamey after the base attackers destroy fighter hangars and then have to contend with hordes of Il-2s flying around in F3 mode to defend a base,  kill attackers, locate a goon and destroy.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

No comment required.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2011, 12:42:35 AM »
Now to move on to "no F3 for any plane with fixed forward firing guns"   :rock   :aok

JUGgler
Lets not stop there then.

Lets get rid of rear facing guns as well like on the Ar-234-B since no such aircraft existed.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:44:24 AM by lyric1 »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2011, 01:26:48 AM »
Lets not stop there then.

Lets get rid of rear facing guns as well like on the Ar-234-B since no such aircraft existed.
Only if the 234 has the periscope mirror  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
I, personally have never had any luck firing the guns in ANY plane in F-3 view with anything resembling accuracy.  It may be good for looking around, but I wouldn't know where to begin how to get a guns solution on anyone without my pipper.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2011, 09:22:36 AM »
Then you simply didn't have the experience to show you how easy it is. Imagine if you were flying with no cockpit on, and could get any extreme lead shot on high-G turning cons almost off the edge of your screen with reliable accuracy every time.

Trust me. It was rampant in most HTH rooms where I frequented way back. It's a major crutch for seeing everything and shooting anything.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »
Well,  the Il-2 was designed to be a ground-attack aircraft and I applaud HTC for putting it in it's proper place (by getting rid of F3 mode).    It's quite gamey after the base attackers destroy fighter hangars and then have to contend with hordes of Il-2s flying around in F3 mode to defend a base,  kill attackers, locate a goon and destroy.

Umm, kill all the hangars, you see the reason the bomber hangars are left in tact is so the "base attackers" or "cherryfesters" can get easy pickings and vulchings. Here's an idea, drop all the hangars  :aok

The very reasons you sight here for removing F3 view is the ONLY reason I see a need to keep it  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
Then you simply didn't have the experience to show you how easy it is. Imagine if you were flying with no cockpit on, and could get any extreme lead shot on high-G turning cons almost off the edge of your screen with reliable accuracy every time.

Trust me. It was rampant in most HTH rooms where I frequented way back. It's a major crutch for seeing everything and shooting anything.

Never used to play in other folks' sandboxes.

There was usually a turd buried somewhere...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »

real pilots didnt have to push a hat switch to turn their heads  :rolleyes:        THEY TURNED THEIR HEADS!!     how does trackIR work again?   oh thats right.....you turn your head.     it is NOT virtual F3 mode because, well, you stay in the cockpit  :aok    

Ahh, my little Irish friend doth do protest to much. You must have missed the actual meaning of the word virtual in my description but suffice to say that the device like F3 serves the same purpose....much better SA, heads turning or just up ones arse makes little difference in the argument.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2011, 11:25:29 AM »
JUGgler,

I was giving you grief my friend.  Grizz, you and the Muptards have always been direct and honest about your opinions :aok with regard to gameplay so I was poking you in the eye.  You and I have had this discussion before during the informal eval of the Brewster flight model integrity at the White Sands test facility in the DA :lol...and F3 lost....remember.

Grizz - explaining away ones suckage comes in many forms....excuses, reasons, others issues and denial just to name a few.  I don't think choosing to fight on the deck (I suck fighting at alt and am only mildy less sucky on the deck)and being shot at 1000 from an aircraft with a gamey, visual sighting advantage that would, under normal conditions, be unable to pull that shot off = suckage.....which might be one of the reasons HTC decided to disable it.

When's my date?

PS - our 9U team qualified for the Super Series Nationals!  :rock
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »
JUGgler,

I was giving you grief my friend.  Grizz, you and the Muptards have always been direct and honest about your opinions :aok with regard to gameplay so I was poking you in the eye.  You and I have had this discussion before during the informal eval of the Brewster flight model integrity at the White Sands test facility in the DA :lol...and F3 lost....remember.

Grizz - explaining away ones suckage comes in many forms....excuses, reasons, others issues and denial just to name a few.  I don't think choosing to fight on the deck (I suck fighting at alt and am only mildy less sucky on the deck)and being shot at 1000 from an aircraft with a gamey, visual sighting advantage that would, under normal conditions, be unable to pull that shot off = suckage.....which might be one of the reasons HTC decided to disable it.

When's my date?

PS - our 9U team qualified for the Super Series Nationals!  :rock

:salute  Brutha

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2011, 12:11:15 PM »
and being shot at 1000 from an aircraft with a gamey, visual sighting advantage that would, under normal conditions, be unable to pull that shot off = suckage.....which might be one of the reasons HTC decided to disable it.

You aren't being shot from 1000 yards in F3 mode.  Actually the best way to utilize F3 mode was to use it to evade the B&Z and neg G push the il2 through the weeds and as he flies by, pull for the shot then switch back to F1 mode to aim.  F3 mode definitely helps "see all" and allows you to get your nose quickly on the bad guy with no guess work. But even without it, you can still do the exact same maneuvers, with a bogey bearing in, and then line him up where he should be as he overshoots and kill him.  As efficient? Maybe not but definitely still doable.  I guess the next thing they need to axe is the ability to neg G push your plane with unrealistic neg G loading to make sure the hording B&Z victims don't get killed cheaply that way also.

Our date is coming, next time I see u on.  <3

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »

The only advantage f3 mode gives in regards to high deflection shots is the ability to wildly spray in the ballpark of where you should be aiming.  There's no chance in hell that an average to even above average skilled player flying for an entire tour in F3 mode will be more lethal and have better stats than flying for a tour in F1 mode.  If anyone wants to start a new name in the DA and only fly in F3 mode at the lake, I would love to see your stats.  Sure you might hit some magical shots, but if your hit % is above 3% I'd be very surprised.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »
Juggler, your vision of what the game should be has very little to do with how the game is.  Your arguments seem to gravitate to "Change the game to suit my playing style", as apposed to "change my playing style to fit the game".  I do not like the horde much myself so I choose not to play that way.  There are lots of guys that are not in the horde.  Why aren't you fighting them.  Is it because they are hard to find, or is it just that some are lazy and want this perfect thing, this nirvana of flying where everyone would be the same, doing what you deem suitable for gameplay.

I am not intent on picking on you Jug, but you have got to find your own fun here.  Standing on a pulpit screaming, "That's not the way this game should be played", won't get you the fight you desire.  As in everything in life, your happiness is your responsibility.
Wag more, bark less.