Author Topic: Question about puffy ack.  (Read 5224 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Question about puffy ack.
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2011, 12:55:50 PM »
In the last 5 years or so I think puffy ack has killed 1 of my bombers, just one. Of course I've suffered some minor damage before but puffy ack just tickles my bombers most of the time. Now the last time I flew a fighter near a CV I died in the first burst.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that a bomber can take much more damage than a fighter. Hence the fact that "a little tickle" to a bomber is potentially something catastrophic to a fighter.

But no. That couldn't be. It's because fighters are the priority.

:noid
 :rofl

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »
This is a combat simulator not ww2, if I find the time to log on I don't want to have every sortie cut short by some random roll of the dice by a piece of code, especially if I am nowhere near the CV. Why not throw together an offline mission were you get instantly owned by puffy ack, or get an oil hit or rad leak or pilot wound and have to rtb nearly every sortie and tell me how that works out for you, I'd like to know how long you'd keep playing that authentic WW2 experience??

Close to the CV yes, being instantly killed miles from the CV no thanks, in real life WW2 would ack even get a chance to fire with so many friendlys swarming around in front of its guns??

Its one of the big pointless things that happens in the game and in no way adds to the gameplay, its just annoying end of. It needs changed.

Are you serious?  I've been playing for 5 years now and I can count on one hand the number of times I've been critically damaged by the auto puffy ack.  Manned guns on the other hand is a different story altogether.  It's hardly enough to make me avoid flying over CV's, and I consider the thread of auto puffy ack to be minimal at most.

IRL there were dozens if not hundreds of people in a CV fleet pointing their guns at you and to expect even a fraction of skilled gunners to do the same in Aces High would be simply ridiculous.  I like how "AI" takes the place of most of the field guns and puffy acks because it retains a "realism" factor of the WWII experience without requiring as much manual player participation.

Planes on the other hand is a different story.  We have plenty enough people to play that role hence no need for AI pilots.  The existence of AI pilots I feel would ruin this game.. at least as far as main arena play is concerned.  HiTech obviously shares this opinion due to them dropping development of that aspect of gameplay a few years back.

All I see is "*WAAAHHH* I lost a 262 to auto ack so it should be removed".  Pleh.  Get real.  Don't like it, go fly in the dueling arena.  That's what it's there for.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2011, 02:49:11 PM »
I can't get enough puffy ack!  I want MORE!

HTC more realism!  Raise the limit to 3x the puffy ack we have now! 

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2011, 03:42:21 PM »
Are you serious?  I've been playing for 5 years now and I can count on one hand the number of times I've been critically damaged by the auto puffy ack.  Manned guns on the other hand is a different story altogether.  It's hardly enough to make me avoid flying over CV's, and I consider the thread of auto puffy ack to be minimal at most.

Could be your style of gameplay I suppose? Hanging out with large numbers in puffy would certainly reduce your chances of getting hit often.

IRL there were dozens if not hundreds of people in a CV fleet pointing their guns at you and to expect even a fraction of skilled gunners to do the same in Aces High would be simply ridiculous.  I like how "AI" takes the place of most of the field guns and puffy acks because it retains a "realism" factor of the WWII experience without requiring as much manual player participation.

Excellant, few points though firstly we aren't in real life this is a game, by your realism argument the first time a player gets killed he should then cancel his account because he is dead? The situations of aerial combat beside a CV are also not real life, could you see gunners in real life shooting at an enemy plane that is engaged with a friendly? Let alone a sprawling furball. Perhaps someone could work out the figures and odds but hitting someone many many many miles away and at 20k with the first burst I really doubt, I think I read somewhere that these guns had 1 hit for every 1000 shells fired.

All I see is "*WAAAHHH* I lost a 262 to auto ack so it should be removed".  Pleh.  Get real.  Don't like it, go fly in the dueling arena.  That's what it's there for.

262s are not enabled in the DA, no one is asking for puffy to be removed just sorted out.

Online Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »

If you can't keep up with the conversation maybe you shouldn't participate?