Author Topic: rook/nit alliance  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: rook/nit alliance
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2011, 01:01:22 PM »
ahhh country loyal paranoia   love it.   

:rofl.    Nothing more, nothing less.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »

So the average skill level stayed the same for years and all of a sudden, from one tour to the next is suddenly dropped like a stone?  :huh

I in no way, shape, or form said anything like that.   When did I say "from one tour to the next"?   I too have been here for 6 years, and the change has taken time, but as of late i've noticed it becoming more and more defined.   And yes, i'm sure it has *some* to do with the logistical changes, but not all.  Not even close.    Again, this is just my opinion, but please don't take things out of context.   What I typed was clear and legible, with no confusion pertaining to it's meaning.   You seem 100% sure that you are 100% right, so i digress.   It's all good in the hood  :aok
-AoM-

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »
ahhh country loyal paranoia   love it.  

Even more funnier is the assertion that 2 opposing countries (in this game) could even begin to scratch the surface of an organized alliance is absolutely hilarious.

In-country missions are mostly a fuster cluck and are only successful due to luck or overwhelming numbers so thinking that 2 countries could pull off an organized alliance against the 3rd country ... :rofl ... there was a better chance of the rapture happening on the 21st then a 2 country alliance in AH.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
Even more funnier is the assertion that 2 opposing countries (in this game) could even begin to scratch the surface of an organized alliance is absolutely hilarious.

+1
-AoM-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
Ya... laughable... sometimes two countries attack one for a while, but organized action?  ;)
I seen that once in a DA when there were like 16 knits vs 9 bishs n rooks together.
AoM
City of ice

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2011, 01:36:34 PM »
There's a Rook and knight alliance?!... Oh toejam... Erm.. Will I get a court marshall for shooting down Rooks yesterday??
I must've been off on the day it was signed... wait... erm... erm... I have a sick note from my mum!
I was only shooting down a 'few' of them at a time, honest. There was a 'few' Bishops aswell, I was 'juggling' between shooting them down aswell  :angel:

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
What I want to know is why I'm still having fun in AH after all these years, when so many folks are miserable.

What am I doing wrong?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »

In-country missions are mostly a fuster cluck and are only successful due to luck or overwhelming numbers so thinking that 2 countries could pull off an organized alliance against the 3rd country ... :rofl ... there was a better chance of the rapture happening on the 21st then a 2 country alliance in AH.

Well there was one instance on the old donut map.   Not a single knight/rook friendly fire incident.   But we had a common goal, to get our respective bases in fightertown back.    Other than that, it hasn't happened again.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:43:53 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2011, 01:51:32 PM »
Well there was one instance on the old donut map.   Not a single knight/rook friendly fire incident.   But we had a common goal, to get our respective bases in fightertown back.    Other than that, it hasn't happened again.

Yes ... I remember that (and was part of it) and understand the very specific conditions under which the short lived alliance was agreed upon, which is no where near the conditions that the general "alliance" whines are generated from.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »
What I want to know is why I'm still having fun in AH after all these years, when so many folks are miserable.

What am I doing wrong?

I suffer the same as you ... I think our main fault for enjoying this game as long as we have is something that I live daily by ... DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2011, 01:58:32 PM »
ALL things good or bad till 2012 are masher's fault guppy slappy still havin fun masher's fault the nit/rook alliance organized by masher foy my money masher not taken enough flack  :cheers:
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »
Yes ... I remember that (and was part of it) and understand the very specific conditions under which the short lived alliance was agreed upon, which is no where near the conditions that the general "alliance" whines are generated from.

Agree wholeheartedly.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »

What am I doing wrong?

Real Life makes me miserable, not some meaningless game  :aok    

-AoM-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »
ALL things good or bad till 2012 are masher's fault guppy slappy still havin fun masher's fault the nit/rook alliance organized by masher foy my money masher not taken enough flack  :cheers:

I blame you for the Rapture not coming true, now I gotta wait another thousand years of Hordes, Squeakers, Hotards, vTards, ace pilots and squadies shooting each other down.  :bhead  :furious  :D
JG 52

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2011, 02:12:33 PM »

Ain't that the truth  :lol