Author Topic: New Project for the summer  (Read 568 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: New Project for the summer
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 11:36:38 AM »
I've seen tons of those on you tube, someone made a mini gun that had 200 rubber bands! Its insane!

Yea, saw that too.  He want to do that. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 11:39:40 AM »
Yea, saw that too.  He want to do that. 
By all means encourage him to do it or at least try.
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »
When I was in 7th grade my school formed the Robotics club cause I brought mine in one day to show the technology teacher. He has me show the principle and a few weeks later we had a club with 40 members. But due to budget we didn't really do anything, and the pressure put on me was enormous cause everyone assumed I would know what to do.

I'm guessing you may be familiar with Vex Robotics? It's meant for competitions and that sort of stuff. In highschool, 2 years in a row we had 2 teams qualify for the World Championships in Dallas, meant Grant from mythbusters the second time. You may need to do some fundraising for the parts kits and stuff, but it's all really good stuff, sensors includ pots, quadrature encoders, sonar sensors, line trackers, etc. The programming is some basic C++ type stuff. You should check it out.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
I'm guessing you may be familiar with Vex Robotics? It's meant for competitions and that sort of stuff. In highschool, 2 years in a row we had 2 teams qualify for the World Championships in Dallas, meant Grant from mythbusters the second time. You may need to do some fundraising for the parts kits and stuff, but it's all really good stuff, sensors includ pots, quadrature encoders, sonar sensors, line trackers, etc. The programming is some basic C++ type stuff. You should check it out.
I'll look into it, I'm not sure if my school has a club like that directly. When the school year starts though I'll look into it.

I modified the body before the pool run, made it more water tight, i'll get some pictures on here in a few minutes.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 01:10:15 PM »

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »
Here's a video of the pool run. Sorry for the camera quality my camera is a piece of crap. I couldn't record it from my phone either cause I was controlling it from it. But here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwWaAGweGHM