Author Topic: I smell BS!  (Read 1782 times)

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: I smell BS!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 12:52:28 AM »
i was idling on cv in a f4 and suddenly my engine broke
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 01:02:58 AM »
There is a glitch with the P-38G/J that will cause both props to break if you adjust RPM's while taxiing out of a hangar. Have not found that glitch present with the L model.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 01:33:15 AM »
i think that what they do at HTC's office, is to put everyones name in a hat. then once or twice a week, they pull a name out.
 that person then suffers weird stuff intermittently for the next week or so.  :noid

my car broke down this week and then i lost one of my favorite socks which suddenly appeared in the fridge :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 05:25:57 AM »
haha wow its crazy what ppl do just to get name in lights and what happens if it doesnt lmao

RedTail

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 06:37:53 AM »
 Bugs do happen. After the new GV upgrade you would get a ditch on pavement every time if you were not in a hangar. I lost more perk points that way than I have in a year of tanking I emailed HTC about it in Private and they fixed it in just a few days. All is well.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 06:38:52 AM »
So OP, what was the rant really about - Not getting your name up in lights or the way your flight scored. ;)

Its true if a landing does not count as a landing it is kind of irritating to say the least, but would you rant after a no-kills flight?  :bolt:

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 06:44:17 AM »
i was idling on cv in a f4 and suddenly my engine broke

Was it still under warranty?

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 06:52:32 AM »
So OP, what was the rant really about - Not getting your name up in lights or the way your flight scored. ;)

Its true if a landing does not count as a landing it is kind of irritating to say the least, but would you rant after a no-kills flight?  :bolt:

he's just a dirty good for nothing score potato :)  :old:
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 07:33:18 AM »

Name in lights more then anything...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 07:47:04 AM »
my car broke down this week and then i lost one of my favorite socks which suddenly appeared in the fridge :old:

OOO...THEY must have fired up the time vortex manipulator for you.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 07:49:39 AM »
The same thing has happened to me twice, I think both times in a P51, maybe once in a P51 and once in a P38.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline tf15pin

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
If as you are clicking on the end sortie button you run your throttle up you will get a ditch rather than the wait till you are stopped or successful landing. This has happened to me three or four times in this latest version. I guess the trick is to leave your throttle completely closed until you are in the tower.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 08:58:42 AM »
There is a glitch with the P-38G/J that will cause both props to break if you adjust RPM's while taxiing out of a hangar. Have not found that glitch present with the L model.
it was fixed
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 09:43:52 AM »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 10:37:22 AM »
I looked at the film, What happened was you bumped your throttle  at the perfect time while exiting flight.

If you look at the end of the film the last 1/4 sec you will hear your engine start increasing.

This is not a new bug, has been in the system forever, but never know about before your film, the sequence of events goes like this.

When your plane is stopped, it tells the server that you are stopped. And changes your clients exit status from ditched to landed if you are on a runway.

When you exit flight a .ef command goes to the server. It checks what the client told it last. And is says ok your not moving so you can exit, and then the server tells the client to terminate its simulation.  

At some point just after the .ef was sent you bumped your throttle. And changed your state to moving and set your exit status to ditched and told the server you were moving. But the server had already sent the terminate message.

The client then received the terminate and checks what your exit status is (it is ditched).

The Client terminates the sim and tells the server I'v terminated simulation mode with a exit status of ditched.

The server scores the sortie as ditched.

Thanks for the film.

We will fix the race condition for the next patch. But please next bug report please drop the attitude and post it in the correct forum.

HiTech