Author Topic: Hangar list of planes/GV's is missing  (Read 300 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Hangar list of planes/GV's is missing
« on: June 05, 2011, 06:33:25 AM »
This is bizarre. The entire planeset and GV list is missing from my hangar list. I can up a HurriC (the last plane I remember flying) but nothing else. Tried EW,MW and LW arenas as well as offline play...all the same. Possibly a corrupt setting file? Never had this happen in 10 years :(

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: Hangar list of planes/GV's is missing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:00:01 AM »
So have you re-installed AH yet ? I reckon you would be very lucky to find a single file that could be replaced as a fix.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:05:14 AM »
I'm holding that out as a last resort as it would require resetting all head positions, gun convergences, stick settings, etc. Beyond that, it doesn't really explain what caused this to happen in the first place.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 08:09:55 AM »
I'm holding that out as a last resort as it would require resetting all head positions, gun convergences, stick settings, etc. Beyond that, it doesn't really explain what caused this to happen in the first place.

No it wouldn't. Save all your settings files and reinstall them with the working AH (settings directory),
I would make copies of the following directories:

ahiiterr
films
settings

EDIT: I used to have to do this every few years when I build a better pc
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:12:35 AM by Blagard »

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 08:12:42 AM »
Right click on the list and make sure "show all" is checked.

You probably accidentally checked "show favorites", which I think shows what you flew last, or checked something that filters the list so you can't see all the available planes.

I usually go in and check "show available" to get rid of the redded out stuff you can't fly anyway but I need to do it every time I enter a different arena.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 08:16:01 AM »
You probably accidentally checked "show favorites", which I think shows what you flew last, or checked something that filters the list so you can't see all the available planes.

Yep excellent, I just checked favourites with mine as a Don't use favourites - ended up with a blank list

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 08:17:52 AM »
That did the trick wrongway. Many thanks.