Author Topic: trigger stacking  (Read 662 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: trigger stacking
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 03:59:21 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:53:59 AM by Skuzzy »
See Rule #4

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
Thanks for the info guy's <S>
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 12:45:46 PM »
I found this same page seconds before that post.

This one line should help.
I know nothing about firearms except what the wounds look like after they are fired but I assume DA is for double action. I don't know what that means but I found those 2 words together on another page.

This, trigger stacking is essentially "stacking" more resistance against the trigger the further back you pull it until, boom.

"Double-Action" doesn't really make much sense until you study the history and progression of firearms, before the existence of DA guns the shooter had to nose the hammer back in a "single-action" before releasing it with the pull of the trigger.  Muskets had a hammer that had to be noseed before triggering it to strike the flint that would make the ignition spark.  The first revolvers were single-action, where before each shot the shooter needed to nose back the hammer, which also "revolved" the chambers.  Then somewhere along the line, this nifty concept of the double-action trigger, which didn't require the shooter to nose the hammer back before each individual shot, a simple pull of the trigger and it would automatically nose the hammer back and revolve the chamber (and an empire was born).  This invention however also introduced the best example of a stacking trigger to the world of firearms, as it required a fairly long stroke (comparably) of the trigger that gradually increased with resistance as it noseed the hammer back to its firing position, at which point it has been pulled far enough back that it releases the sear, and boom.

Well , this is what I got today and I read that it said the the trigger stacking was not bad at all .So Masherbrum I think your on the right track . Have not shot it yet .
(Image removed from quote.)

Congrats indeed!  Purty gun you got there.  I'm assuming it's double action only or is it DA/SA?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:49:11 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »
Just got back fom shooting it Babalonian , it's a double action only . From what I have read on line it says that a lot of the FBI carried it and it's the NYPD gun of choice or use to be.. Seem's to be a nice handgun and I got a deal on it too . My friend got a new S&W in a 45 and sold me this 5946 handgun for $300 buck's that he give $500.00 for it new back in 94 ..
Thanks again for the information ..
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:08:09 PM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!