Author Topic: ship guns do not automatically go to mode 2  (Read 274 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
ship guns do not automatically go to mode 2
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:41:52 PM »
vehicles seem to be working ok. use mouse and wasd keys. but when getting in ship guns, mouse didn't work but joystick did. Looked at start message and noticed it was in mode 1. It's suppose to go to mode 2 in vehicles & boats automatically.

Also have had a terrible time with assigning buttons. Have found out that you cannot have buttons on the joystick mapped in the same mode AND buttons on the mouse. It also really messes up everything when you do try to enter both. It deleted all my joystick button assignments and I had to do them over again. That's when I discovered you can't have both in the same mode. So now only joystick has anything assigned in mode 1 and mouse only in mode 2.  :headscratch:

The mouse works in mode 1 as far as movement even though nothing is assigned to those controls. I know that bringing up the map disables mouse control but it seems that if you don't have anything assigned in mode 1 then it shouldn't do anything when the map isn't up.

If I assign a button on my joystick in buttons 0 thru 7 (same as mouse), the mouse buttons won't work.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: ship guns do not automatically go to mode 2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »

It never did.

Map a button on your keyboard to select Mode 2. I use the / or * or - on the keypad.

You could also set up a separate Mode 3 just for gunning and map a button to go to that mode.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »
It's suppose to go to mode 2 in vehicles & boats automatically.

I know what you mean, but some might take offense at you calling a ship a boat  ;)
The shore battery is neither.

The bottom line is as Posted by AWwrgwy

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
I know what you mean, but some might take offense at you calling a ship a boat  ;)
The shore battery is neither.

They have.

:uhoh

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay